ꕥ Chapter Two

Renjun sighed as the door shuts closed and the sound of a car's engine start before fading away a few moments later. He turns to Jeno and pats his head, "wanna eat breakfast now?" He asked.

Jeno nodded with a smile at the mention of food, they stood up and walked into the kitchen seeing the others just starting to eat breakfast, Haechan was finishing up some things.

Jeno and Renjun sat down on their seats joining the others, the cat hybrid scans his eyes at the food displayed on the table and pouts. Just then, Haechan brings a plate of fish and a glass of chocolate milk.

The beta places them on the table in front of Jeno and pinches the boy's cheek, "eat up," he said and sits down on his chair grabbing some food for himself.

Jeno smiled happily with his tail swaying back and forth while his ears perked up facing forward but tilted back just slightly.

He grabs his fork and eats the fish quickly like he hasn't eaten in days, he gulps down his milk and finishes them all up with a small burp.

He giggles, "oops, excuse me," he said as Chenle only cooed, Renjun pinched his cheeks as Jisung and Haechan laughed amused.

They finish their breakfast and Jeno helps Chenle clean the dishes, Jisung had called dibs on the shower first as Renjun was at the garden while Haechan was behind them as he scrolls through his phone.

Chenle takes the sponge and cleans the mugs, "what time will you be going home hyung?" He asked the elder who was cleaning the spoons.

Jeno hummed, "I'll be home at five-thirty and will have enough time to finish checking the kids' works," he smiles fondly at the thought of the children he'll be taking care of later.

Chenle nodded as he grabs another mug, "what's it like taking care of a lot of kids?" He asked in wonder, Jeno tilted his head as his smile grew wider.

"It feels, joyful," he answers, "I love taking care of the little ones and teach them all the values of not only being an immortal but also as a person," he adds as Chenle listened carefully with his ears twitching.

The younger nodded pleased with the answer, "you'll be a great parent someday hyung," he comments happily.

Jeno blushes and thanks him as Haechan listened to their conversation. He agreed to it all and also felt his heart melt hearing their friend speaking about how he absolutely adores his job and the children.

Jeno and Chenle finishes washing the dishes as the elder looked at Haechan, "I'll be ready in a few," he said as the beta nodded with a smile.

"Take your time," he replied, Jeno nodded and rushes to his room to get changed. Chenle sighed while giving Haechan a look, "I know Lele, I know," he said.

Chenle pouted, "when will he get one hyung? He's nineteen and God knows what will happen once we leave this house," he comments as Haechan nodded with a heaved sigh.

"I understand Chenle, we all know Jaemin is perfect for the role," he clicks his tongue, "he just needs to fix his attitude," he adds rolling his eyes.

Chenle snorted as he agreed with him, "let's just hope for the better," he said while he looks outside the window to see Renjun cleaning the garden.