ꕥ Chapter Twenty-Two

~Fast Forward to where Jeno's belly is now visible and they can go check the baby's gender~

Jeno was with Chenle and Renjun who were fighting over what the baby's gender might be, making a bet if you will. They were at the fox hybrid's house as they took some time before they head off to Jeno's appointment.

Jaemin has been taking good care of him even more now since Doctor Seo adviced him to, he would've done it without even being told anyways.

Actually, in fact, the alpha has become even more protective towards his pregnant mate. He was so overprotective nowadays and would often get carried away making the cat hybrid a bit frustrated.

Sometimes, Jaemin would order him to take the day off because he doesn't want Jeno to overwork and stress himself out while he has another living thing growing inside of him.

Jeno's blessed and thankful of course, not a lot of alphas or any other types of partners are like that. He was scared at first before they confirmed he was pregnant.

He thought once they confirm their assumptions of his pregnancy, Jaemin will then decide to leave him be it at that moment or maybe later on.

Being left behind by your mate is a nightmare, it could cause major concerning things at their other half. Most likely will commit suicide.

That's how important having a mate is in their worlds, most specifically, omegas. It's a huge risk to take, you need to be willing for it.

"Guys," Jeno murmured as his friends were fighting over the car key, which was Haechan's, since the owner took the bus to work saying he was lazy.

The two friends stopped and silenced themselves as Jeno continued, "it's my baby, and it doesn't matter what gender they are. I just want them to be happy and healthy," he said calmly.

Renjun sighed softly and nodded as he and Chenle gave a smile, "sorry, we got carried away," he shrugged.

Chenle snorts, "but if it's a girl you owe me 15 bucks," he remarks opening the door to the car.

Renjun scoffed, "then you owe me those 15 bucks if it's a boy," he said with determination buckling up his seatbelt on the driver's seat.

Jeno rolled his eyes at his friends, finding them ridiculous about a baby's gender, his baby's gender.

He shuts his eyes when he felt a kick on his stomach all of a sudden, he takes a deep breath calming himself down while counting from one to ten.

"Is everything alright?" Renjun asked glancing at the pregnant hybrid on the passengers seat, "am I driving too fast? Are you hurt? Oh my gosh–"

"It's okay," Jeno squeaked cutting off his fellow hybrid's rant who was panicking while Chenle reaches from the backseat and caresses his side trying his best to help.

"Then what happened?" The fox hybrid asked as he focuses on the road and was getting nearer to the clinic. Or hospital. (A/N: aight I'm dumb so bare with me)

Jeno hummed and places his palm on his belly caressing it softly with a smile, "the baby was just kicking," he said earning a gasp.

"The baby was starting to kick?!". Chenle exclaimed from the back as Jeno nodded with a chuckle. "How dare you not tell us! I wanna feel it," he complained.

Jeno giggled as he purred when Chenle was scratching his ears, "it's been kicking for awhile now, sorry I just got busy." He apologized.

Chenle nodded still playing with his perked up ears while Renjun found an empty parking space. They get out of the vehicle with the beta helping his pregnant friend out.

Renjun comes along on the other side of Jeno when they entered the building as he asks the receptionist about their appointment.

They head inside the empty room waiting for Doctor Johnny, who's probably doing who knows what again, as Jeno sat on the examination table caressing his tummy.

"I have a question that I've been wondering for a while now," Chenle suddenly asked as the door opened and in comes Doctor Johnny.

They bowed and greeted the elder who did the actions back inserting a few jokes as they have been getting more comfortable with each other to the point Johnny himself had gone too far about his topic with his husband.

Johnny asked the common questions as he took down some notes and got his things ready, "are you excited?" He asked hoping to lighten up the mood.

Jeno nodded shyly, "yeah," he breathes out as he chuckled when Chenle was squealing from the back as Renjun was playing with his white fluffy tail.

"Why isn't Jaemin with you by the way? Don't you want the baby's father to know their gender with you?". Johnny wondered lifting Jeno's shirt up.

The hybrid blushed and smacks the back of his palm towards Renjun's stomach when the fox hybrid was wiggling his eyebrows.

"I want it to be a surprise," he said as Johnny cooed at his idea before nodding understandingly.

Jaemin arrived at Jeno's workplace as he parks his car outside and locks the door just in case before heading in the daycare.

He had an early shift this morning and finished his paperwork fast, resulting him to get his work done and was allowed to go home now.

He greets his mate who was waiting for him at the counter and saying his farewell as he meets up with the werewolf.

Jaemin smiled and hugs his mate sniffing out his scent but furrowed his eyebrows, his smile falters at the strong yet foreign scent. Jeno barely smelled like Jeno.

He growled a bit as the hybrid was oblivious and just more excited on his news when they can get home. "Let's go!" He giggled.

Jaemin huffs and follows his mate towards his car before they head off back home as he was upset about something he didn't know the reason of.

Meanwhile, Jeno was urging to jump up and down on his seat as he bounces his leg in anticipation to get home already. He grips on the envelope he has been holding since yesterday.