ꕥ Chapter Twenty-Three

Jeno unbuckles his seatbelt and rushes out of the car as he walks towards the main door of the house whilst waiting for his mate to follow him.

Meanwhile, Jaemin was sulking as he couldn't really think clearly, all he could think about is the annoying scent that's somehow lingering onto Jeno's body for the most part.

The alpha follows the hybrid at the door and unlocks it with his keys as he watches the blond skipping on his way inside.

He sighed and closes the door shut with a lock before heading to the living room and placing his bags down on the couch.

Jeno then suddenly rushes towards Jaemin and hugs the elder from the back, it was supposed to be harmless act of affection. But because of the hybrid's unknowing scent, the alpha growled.

The sound immediately made the hybrid scared as he jolts away with his ears flopping down and his tail curling up from behind as it hid.

"Jaemin?" Jeno called softly as if it was in a whisper while the said brunet seemed to be a bit hostile for no reason.

Jaemin turns around with his fist clenched up and his eyes red, he took a sniff and growls again, his sharp teeth showing as he looks at the poor hybrid.

"A-alpha?" The blond whimpered looking at Jaemin in the eyes with his own glistening in tears. "D-did kitten d-do something wrong? Was k-kitty naughty?" He asked with a stutter.

Jaemin just stared at him as he lets out a meow, the sound seemed to work as the alpha blinks and shuts his eyes for a moment.

He takes a few deep breaths and calms himself down before opening his eyes again, his gaze falling onto Jeno who was almost shrinking in fear.

The brunet walks closer in slow steps not wanting to scare his beloved mate away, he successfully got near and engulfs the blond in his arms hugging him tight.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "I'm sorry I scared you, baby," he whispered in the boy's ear as he leaves a peck on his earlobe.

Jeno hugs back eventually and looks up at his mate, "w-was ki-kitten naughty?" He gulped like he was afraid that he did something wrong.

Jaemin sighed shaking his head, "no, not at all," he dismissed and cups the boy's face in his palm. "But I want to ask, where did you get that scent from?" He said.

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows before sniffing himself, he grimaced in disgust at the mysterious scent that he just noticed that was stuck on his body.

He frowned, realizing that the scent had triggered his alpha and resulting him to be hostile feeling like someone had stole his mate away from him. Possessiveness.

"Alpha, kitty didn't do anything! Kitty swears he was being very good!" Jeno said referring to himself in third person naturally at the result of being afraid.

Jaemin chuckled and pecked the boy's forehead, "I know darling, but I asked where did you get that from? Is the scent familiar for you at all?" He asked.

The hybrid hummed and pondered in thought for a moment, his eyes then lit up as he remembered the familiar scent. "Oh! It smells like from one of our new teachers, Mark hyung!" He said.