ꕥ Chapter Thirteen

Jaemin groans as he parks at the empty spot near the daycare, he gets out and slams the door shut before striding up to the door.

Atleast he didn't crash or anything, was the first thing he thought. He did have his seatbelt on but he was also thinking a lot.

He enters the door and walks up to the counter, "good afternoon sir, what can I help you?" One of the employees greets.

Jaemin tries to calm down, "I'm here to pick up Lee Jeno," he said earning a brow raised from the person behind the counter.

"Uhm, Jeno is one of our teachers, are you sure you have a kid here named Jeno as well?" The employee asked genuinely dumbfounded.

The alpha grits his teeth, "well I'm about to have one right now, get me Lee Jeno, your employee and teacher. Tell him to bring his stuff, we're going home," he said sternly.

The person behind the countered widens his eyes before nodding, "yes sir, I'll get him for you," he said obediently before rushing to one of the offices.

Jaemin waits and taps his fingers in a rhythm before he heard the door from the office open and saw a familiar blond hybrid.

The boy looked like a mess as he pushes the little mini fence gate and sneezes. "Let's go," Jaemin ushers catching the hybrid when he almost fell.

Jeno grips on to his bicep before waving at his coworker goodbye with the latter doing the same mouthing a silent 'get well' at him.

They enter Jaemin's car with the alpha buckling Jeno's seatbelt for him and rushing to the driver's seat before starting the vehicle and driving back to his house.

It was silent and all you could hear was Jeno sniffling, coughing and sneezing as he squirmed on his seat.

Jaemin just grips the wheel hard and calms himself down. Once they arrived, the alpha helps Jeno inside the house as it was about to rain.

He locks the door and sits Jeno down on the couch before placing the back of his palm on the boy's forehead feeling him heat up quite literally.

"You're burning up," he groans and rubs his temples, "I told you to take the week off and stay home until you get better, now look what happened! You never listen to me!"

Jeno flinched at his tone of voice and saw his eyes turning red as he turns his hands into fists. The hybrid meowed shakily with his tail hiding behind him and ears flat on his head.

Seeing this, Jaemin takes a deep breath and exhales. He does this for a few more until Jeno spoke up, "s-sorry alpha," he whispers.

The alpha calms down and pursed his lips. Jeno was still looking down with his knees up to his chest as he sneezed before sniffling.

Jaemin sighed and kneels down in front of the blond, he placed one of his hands on the boy's arm with the other cupping his cheek.

He smiles softly, "it's okay baby, Alpha must've been scary again huh? I should be sorry for scaring you," he apologized.