ꕥ Chapter Twenty-Four

"aren't you supposed to be at work?" Donghyuck asked opening the door and stepping aside letting his friend inside his and Renjun's house.

"I could say the same for you," Jaemin rolled his eyes and giving a fist bump to the beta.

Donghyuck scoffed and closes the door, he lightly shoves Jaemin's arm as he passes by towards the living room with the alpha not even affected by the action.

"It's my day off, Jeno's the only one working at the daycare right now. He'll only be there for under time so I'm leaving to pick him up later," Jaemin said sitting down on the couch.

The beta sits across from him and raised a brow, "you let him work?" He asked taking a cookie from the plate on the coffee table.

The brunet chuckled, "he begged me to, I didn't want to cause another conflict again. Especially when he's becoming more sensitive nowadays," he shrugged.

Donghyuck takes a bite out of the sweet and chews the food, "well as long as he's not stressed and all." He comments and takes another bite, "I still can't believe you let him off though."

"And I can't believe you managed to lie to Renjun again and calling in sick to ditch work, you know I can snitch on you right?" Jaemin said taking a cookie for himself.

"Yet you're here too," Donghyuck tries to protest.

Jaemin laughed, "it's my day off, not yours. I can call Renjun and our boss right now if you want," he said teasingly picking up his cellphone from his pocket.

Donghyuck growled and throws a half eaten cookie towards the alpha's way, "don't you fucking dare bastard! Do you know how hard it is to convince Renjun that I'm sick? He actually called a fucking priest saying I'm insane."

"Why did he call a priest and not an ambulance?" Jaemin snorted patting the crumbs that had gotten on his shirt.

"He said I sounded way too weak and soft, it was disgusting and he claimed that I was possessed or something because I'm not like that, by the way I'm offended." Donghyuck dramatically cried.

"Maybe he should call the priest back then," Jaemin scrunched his face as he checks the time ignoring the beta's offended look towards him.

"Also, I came here for a favor. Not hear you boo-hooing at your weird acts to your mate who doesn't believe shit, because he shouldn't." He remarks.

Donghyuck huffed, "whatever," he grumbled. "What did you need anyway? It's not like I'm going to help you immediately," he said.

Jaemin gives him a look and walks over to sit next to him whispering a few words making him widen his eyes, "scratch that, I faked my sickness at the right time. I'm helping you, loser."

Jeno smiles as he places a band aid on a little boy's knee patting his thigh gently while the child was sniffling, "be careful next time bub, you're lucky Nono is here to help."

The little boy, Jae, nodded letting Jeno wipe off the tears on his face with a gentle smile. "T-thank you N-nono," he hiccups hugging his teacher around his neck.