Roller coaster of emotions

My buzzing phone brought us back to reality.

"Oh, ehm, I'm sorry, I'm really, I'm really sorry Josh", I stumbled. Josh looked suprised but I could also spot a hint of sadness in his eyes. I tried to fake a smile but it was not really working. For a couple seconds we just sat on the floor, an awkward silence filled the room.

Then, all of a sudden, Josh stood up, turned away from me and went to the door. Before leaving he flashed me a short glance: "I think I better go now", he whispered slowly and with that the door thunk shut.

I shivered. What had just happened? Furiously I grapped some of the fragmented newspaper, formed a small ball and threw it with all my all my power through the room. I was in the verge of crying again, when my cat Olivia appeared out of nothing and attackted the white newspaper ball. I couldn't help myself but smile. Well, that was quite a weird morning today.

I decided to adjourn the thinking about my problems with Josh. I had an appointment at the gynecologist.

...

Two hours later I found myself stepping outside the doctor's practice inhaling the fresh air. The ultrasound had kind of settled me. The babys were alright and hearing their little heartbeats always made me forget all my worries

I decided to go for a short walk before going back to my car. The sun was shining and only a soft wind played with my curls from time to time. I was so engrossed in thoughts that it took me a while to recognize the soft voice calling my name.

"Hey, hey Taylor, hold on. Are you ignoring me?", I felt a strong hand on my shoulder. My face blushed as I identified the man.

"Joe. Oh sorry I...I was all in my thoughts" I mumbled kind of overstrained.

"That's for sure", he answered and chuckled. "I'm happy to see ya", he added kind of shyly.

My heart was in my mouth. "Oh yeah it's gorgeous to meet you here...what a lucky break", I agreed.

Inwardly I wanted to kill myself...what the hell was I even talking about? We definitely needed another topic.

"So, how is your girlfriend doing?", I tried to support our conversation.

"My girlfriend?", Joe asked and looked at me in suprise.

I felt a twitch in my heart. "Oh, ehm, is she your wife?", I asked carefully.

Joe laughed: "My wife? Taylor, I don't have a clue about who you're even talking about."

I felt kind of relieved. "You're not married?", I asked puzzled.

"No, I'm not. I don't even have a girlfriend", he laughed.

"But who was the woman in the shop?"

"Oh, that was Patricia, my sister", he explained.

"Your sister", I mumbled and started to smile.
All of a sudden everything has changed.

"So is there a boyfriend or a man in your life?", Joe asked in return.

I hesitated for a moment and thought about Jackson and Josh...but deep inside of me, I knew that those relationships wouldn't work out.

"No. No, there are no boyfriends or men in my life", I tried to sound convincing.

Now Joes eyes were shining of joy. "I hope you don't think that I'm weird, but I'm actually really happy to hear that...you know...I could't really get you out of my mind, since we've met", he said kind of hesitantly.

My heart started to beat even faster. "Actually, I also thought about you a lot", I answered softly.

Joe seemed to get a little more confident. "So maybe we could go on a date someday, if you want to? We could go to a restaurant or watch a movie? Or maybe both?", he asked hopefully.

"I would love to!!", I said happily.

In this moment a squall blew inside my open coat and uncovered my huge baby bump. There was no way to overlook my pregnancy.

I looked at Joe frightened. All the happiness had left his face.

"Oh. Oh Taylor. You're pregnant?", he shook his head in disbelief.

I didn't know how to react, so no one said something for a while.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I should have told you that", I said apologetically. I started to feel very nauseous.

Joe took a deep breath. "No, no it's okay", he said slowly.

But i didn't felt okay at all.

"So when is the due date?", he asked hesitantly and kind of sad.

"In about three months", I answered slowly.

My blood seemed to freeze inside my body. Would he recognize that he could possibly be the baby's father?

At first he didn't seem to notice but than I could tell that he was calculating.

Nervously he took a step forward and grabbed my shoulders.

In a raised voice he asked: "Taylor?? Is there a chance that I'm the baby's father?"

---------

Hey guys,

so let's start the new Year with a new chapter!

I hope all of you will have a great year full of joy and happiness! :)

There are now over 2k reads on this book, so I had to write on. Thank you so much to anyone reading my book! I'm not sure if there is still someone reading this book, but if so, let me know in the comments or vote for it.

Maybe I can upload more regulary in 2022, if there are still people reading this book! :)