Chapter 24

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Song for this chapter: What's a soulmate?
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

When I finish my conversation with Jed I decide to take a quick shower because it's been almost a week since I last showered when I was in Texas to deliver the last package that Jed asked me to

As soon as I finish I get out of the shower to get dressed when I hear my phone ringing again.

"Fuck! Who's calling me now?" I say as I take my phone that is on the nightstand charging.

When I look at the phone screen I see Harper's name.
Where did she get my new phone number, and why is she calling me now after two weeks? Maybe I shouldn't answer but what if it has to do something with Mia?

"Hey." I say to Harper as soon as I decide to open the phone.

"Bryan!? Is that you?" She asks with a shaky voice.

"Yeahh..." I answer simply.

"Omg, I can't believe it...!" She says in a low voice then asks.
"Where are you? Why did you left like that without telling anyone, not even me. You are like my brother. I was so worried about you.
I thought... I thought you were dead or something." She says in a sobbing voice.

"Don't be so dramatic. I'm in New York and I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." I reply in a cold way.

"But why did you leave?" She asks again.

"I left because I wanted to stay away from everything and everyone.  Is that a good reason for you." I shout.

"Don't yell at me you asshole. Okay!
I know you Bryan White so don't even try to lie to me. Now tell me in what dirty things you're involved in?" She says shouting catching me completely off guard.
She knows me well but how can I tell her? I can't put her in danger to.

"Nothing. There's nothing wrong. I just wanted to stay alone for a while." I reply.

"You wanted to stay alone? Without Mia?
Oh please. Bryan White that I know wouldn't stay away from Mia even a day." She says.

"Well that's absurd. I didn't love her. I was just messing around."

"Is this what you have been saying to yourself these days?" She asks.
"Bryan you know that I love you but sometimes you are a complete jerk. I mean... how can you even say that when I've seen how much you two love each other.
I've seen how your eyes shine as soon as you see her Bryan."