Chapter 16

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Song for this chapter: Khalid - Better
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Miaaa! Omg, are you okay? Where were you?You texted me that you'll be home two hours ago and then you didn't show up

"Miaaa!
Omg, are you okay? Where were you?
You texted me that you'll be home two hours ago and then you didn't show up.
I was so worried about you." Harper says hugging me tightly as soon as I open the door.

"I'm fine, Harper," I laugh lightly at her excitement. "I just got caught up in something and lost track of time."

"It's still not safe!" She says grabbing my hand and pulling me to sit down on her bed.
"You should have called or texted me to let me know that you aren't coming for a few more hours."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I reply.

"Where were you?" She asks rising her eyebrows.

"I... , I was out with some of my old friends at the beach." I say avoiding her question like it is nothing and lying through my teeth. 'Damn it, Mia! How are you gonna get away with this one? She's gonna find out sooner or later.

"Ohh... I didn't know you had other friends. You haven't told me anything about them before. 
What are they like? She asks raising one of her perfect eyebrows in an almost mockingly impressed tone. She knows I'm hiding something from her and she clearly knows that I'm lying.

"Erm... I didn't tell you because they're not that important besides we not that close anymore. They're just old friends from my high school. That's all." I reply smiling a little.

"Okay then. If you say soo
." She says still suspicious but letting it go for now.
"But... next time you're gonna be late don't forget to tell me. Okay?" She says smiling sweetly, her eyes full of concern for me.
"Yes, mom." I reply sarcastically rolling my eyes and we both start laughing then I get up from the bed to go to the dressing room to change my clothes as I put my hair in a messy bun.

"Mia?" I hear Harper call me after a few seconds.

"Yeah?" I reply turning my head around to face her.

"You... you have something on your neck." Harper says trying to sound serious but a second later I hear a soft chuckle escape from her lips while she lies down on her bed.

"What?" I ask her nervously.

"Your neck. You have something on it."
She replies pointing to my left collar bone.
My heart starts beating a little faster than normal when I realize what she means. I quickly turn back around to look at myself on the mirror again and when I finally see what she's talking about I start blushing uncontrollably.
"Shit" I whisper under my breath as memories of Bryan kissing my neck flashes in front of my eyes and suddenly my entire body feels like it's on fire and I can feel sweat dripping down from my forehead.