Fake Love 3 (Hijikata Toshiro)

*Please read Part 1 and 2 located in the 1st Book before reading this!!!

"I......I've already forgiven you a long time ago." (Y/N) looked down, absolutely refusing to look at Hijikata's face. "But, I'm sorry— I don't know how but at some point, our love turned fake. I can't bring it back so easily," She looked at him and furrowed her eyebrows apologetically

"We can't return what we've lost..." She spoke lowly, as she took a step back into the house. She smiled lowly, "You should go home now, it's late and it's cold outside, Hijikata-san."

"Wait— (Y/N)!!!" Before (Y/N) could close the doors, Hijikata grabbed it to keep it open. "I— I'm sorry for what I've done, I really....really regret eveything, it was all my fault. So, let's start it up from scratch!!"

"Wha—"

"You can't trust or love me again easily, I understand because I've hurt you that much. So, instead— let me show you how serious I am. I swear—"

"......That's not up to me to decide, Hijikata-san." (Y/N) looked at his hand before she sighed and gently took it off the door. No matter what she did, her heart longed for him— she knew that she wouldn't love anyone else but Hijikata.

Hijikata felt his heart twinge when she called him 'Hijikata-san' instead of 'Toshi'. To him, it meant that she had no plans of starting it over with him.

".....But, actions speak louder than words, don't they?"

"You're....giving me a chance?" Hijikata looked up with wide eyes— it was rare for him to look so disheveled and show such emotions easily but, right now— he didn't care. From now on, he was gonna prioritize her.  "(Y/N), I promise I won't mess it up this time!"

When (Y/N) finally closed the doors, she let out a shaky breath, as if she couldn't believe that it all just happened— she hadn't talked to Hijikata since she bid goodbye and ended their relationship and the whole time she just kept trying to forget him.

"Seriously....How can I ever forget him?" She smiled bitterly and then she heard small footsteps approaching and saw Gintoki leaning at the entrance to the living room— still dressed in his pajamas.

"....You gave him another chance?" He asked in disbelief, his arms crossed over his chest while she blinked her eyes flusteredly.

"I-I...Gin, you know I really can't— I just..." (Y/N) tried to find the words to explain to Gintoki what she had just done but her words failed her.

"I'm sorry...I still love him, Gintoki— Our love was fake, but the times he made me smile and happy? None of those were fake, I never once faked the words 'I love you' to him...It wasn't fake...I can't help it that I'm so in love with him—" She looked down and bit her lip.

"So, isn't it alright to give him one last chance?"

"....You're too generous." Gintoki sighs as he shook his head. "Go back to sleep. It's midnight," He gestured his head to the bedroom and she scampered away quickly.

Gintoki's red eyes followed her figure longingly as he sighed, "If you had that many chances...why not try your chance with me? I will never give you Fake Love...." Gintoki clicked his tongue and ruffled his hair.

"Tsk, damn it......I guess it's my fault anyways for not trying more seriously,"

-------------

"Ah, it's bright and early again this—" (Y/N) opened the doors to the Yorozuya House and smiled at the warm grace of the sun that had fallen on her as soon as she did.