Don't Give It To Me (Utsuro)

Utsuro panted, his breathing going uneven as he staggered towards an alleyway. Utsuro looked up with one eye and his teeth gritted in pain. He never thought he'd obtain such injury from that fight with Gintoki and the others.

"Heh," he smirked as he collapsed against a wall, losing the little bit of strength he had left. "To think I would be pushed to this extent...." He looked up and sighed, feeling all his energy being drained from his body— it was like he was going numb.

Softly, Utsuro closed his eyes and exhaled through his nose. For the first time in his life, he felt at peace as Utsuro— his heart, mind and soul were silent and calm. Nothing else clouded his mind.

Then, it started raining. Rain came pouring down all of a sudden. He felt it pelt against his skin, but that didn't bother him— he wasn't even gonna get sick from it anyways so why bother? This was when he felt nothing make contact with his skin— like something was sheltering him from the rain.

Slightly opening one eye, he sees a woman crouched down in front of him. (H/L) (H/C) hair framing her face, and bright and eccentric (E/C) eyes that were swirling with concern.

"You'll get sick." She calmly reprimanded with a gentle smile and at this Utsuro frowned. He turned his head away and scowled.

"Don't Give It To Me, you foolish woman." He spoke deeply with a hateful and unfriendly tone. His eyebrows furrowed angrily as he clicked his tongue, waiting for her to go away.

"What won't I give?" She hummed lowly, and Utsuro glanced at her— she was smiling so kindly, probably clueless of the fact that this man she was trying to help could kill her with a lift of his hand.

"I'm not giving you anything. I'm just trying to help you not get sick." She smiled sincerely at him and sighed. "The rain won't let up any time now, would you like to visit my place for shelter?" She asked as she stood up.

Utsuro looked at her and contemplated in his mind. If he went with her, he could hide from Gintoki who might possibly come running after—looking for him. It wasn't a bad idea really, and if anything ever goes wrong he could kill her easily.

Slowly, Utsuro stood up and looked at her. "...Just remember, that I warned you, foolish woman." Utsuro says as he takes the umbrella from her hand and held it over their heads.

It was uncharacteristical of him to do so— but, this woman. For some reason, she was different. He didn't have this utter craving to just kill off this woman— well, he didn't usually kill needlessly, maybe he did but he usually did it because it annoyed him.

But she wasn't— she wasn't annoying or irritating. In contrast, she was very soothing and relaxing to be around. Utsuro glanced at the woman who was humming happily as they were walking.

Utsuro raised an eyebrow at her before he sighed and looked away. 'I told you not to give it to me....these troublesome feelings.'

---

It's been a week. A whole week of Utsuro staying with (Y/N)— apparently, the woman lived alone in a small house in a little town. The whole week, Utsuro did nothing but stay inside her house while she continued on with her daily life, going to work, cleaning the house and relaxing on her day off— the only differemce was that Utsuro was there with her.

"I'm home~" (Y/N) calls out as she enters the house after getting off from work. Then, she sees Utsuro calmly sitting at the couch with a book in hand. He turned his red eyes at her for a while and nodded.

"..Welcome home." Utsuro stated as he closed the book he was reading and stood up. "Oh, it's alright. I'll prepare dinner tonight." (Y/N) informed him with a smile as she heads straight to the kitchen.