Gintama Christmas Special!

Gintoki's breath hitched at the sight in front of him. (Y/N), seemingly refusing to meet his eyes, a blush spread on her cheeks and her lips gently quivering.

"G-Gin, can you........" She softly spoke, her lips parting ever so gently as she tried to look him in the eyes— though, hesitantly.

"Can I?...." Gintoki repeated her words, urging her to continue as he gulped in anticipation.

"Can you...spend your christmas with me?...."

Gintoki's jaw dropped and his heart leapt out of his chest. 'T-This....— THIS IS IT!!!!' He yells happily, turning back for a while to clench his fist happily before quickly pulling on a serious face as he turned to face her again.

"W-Well.....Tsk, it's troublesome and all. But since you asked so sincerely, maybe I can...."

Ah, Gintoki was also a tsundere.

"Oh, good. Thanks," (Y/N) nodded and then walked away. Once she was gone, Gintoki crouched down and covered his face with his hands.

"Ahhh, what do I do? I'm spending Christmas with her! A-Are we gonna do it!?"

But— that was not quite what had happened.

In reality, the earlier scene was Gintoki's own fantasy. What really happened was—

"Gin, can you...." (Y/N) sighs and then turned her bored eyes at him with a stoic look on her face.

"Spend Christmas at my place?"

(Y/N) didn't mean anything but casual hanging out. Gintoki, however got the wrong idea because he was too caught up with his fantasies.

He also didn't know that she asked quite a few other people as well— not just him.

"Oh, I have to buy her a gift!"

So, Gintoki's adventure in finding a perfect christmas gift for (Y/N) has started.

With the countdown of 10 days till Christmas.

-------

Gintoki let out a small groan, as he clutched his silver hair in his hands and slumped his head down on the table.

"What does she like? Food? Accessories? Clothes?— Noooo!!"

"Shinpachi, is Gin-chan going crazy? He's been like that since this morning."

"Leave him be, Kagura-chan. Gin-san has always been like that,"

"Ah! This is no good— I'll go out to town. Maybe looking at something will help me find the perfect gift for her." Gintoki shook his head and sighed. He then made his way out to search for a suitable gift for (Y/N)— he also thought that he should jump on this chance and confess his undying feelings for her.

The reason he hadn't been able to do that depsite being with her for a long time now was because she was a dense woman who knew nothing about the so called love.

She was dense beyond his expectations— no matter what move he pulled on her, she never got flustered once.

On the other hand, it was Gintoki who blushed at every little matter involving her.

Gintoki took his time in browsing almost everything he came across. He could really feel that Christmas was near, there were couples walking around sharing scarfs and holding hands. Early Christmas sales and a bunch of kids playing around in the snow.

Usually, Gintoki would scoff and scorn at the couples. He felt bitter every year— Gin-san is so handsome, why must he spend Christmas alone? That had been his thoughts each and every year.