8 Letters (Sakamoto Tatsuma)

"Hahahahahaha! Ahahahahaa...That Kintoki— How could he leave me out here! Hahahaaa..." Sakamoto's laugh rings in the empty, quiet alley where Gintoki actually forgot him. Sakamoto went to visit Gintoki since he was on Earth for some errands— as usual, the two went out drinking and got drunk as hell.

Sakamoto sat down, trying to sober himself up. But at that moment when he had no one with him made him remember the very reason he's been travelling all around. He was searching— for someone.

In all honesty, there was only one reason he went out drinking with Gintoki. It was simply because he didn't want to be alone when he knew his emotions— emotions he controlled all so well— would go spiralling out of his control once he thinks about her.

Sakamoto sighed, his sunglasses fell to the ground. His blue eyes watched it with a sorrowful gaze as he gently took it into his hands. Tears threatened to fall down, but this was Sakamoto— the man never cried, but when it came to her? Sakamoto was not himself. He was a man that could only be true to himself whenever he was with her.

"It's been years....Hahahahaha, I wonder why....No matter what I do or where I go," Sakamoto's voice softens as it goes low, "—....I still can't find you."

Suddenly, he hears the soft clicking sound of heels against the pavement. Feeling a shadow cast over him, and a figure standing right in front of him— Sakamoto looked up, tears held back and his eyes widened at the person in front of him.

She caressed her chin, looking deep in thought.

"Hm? Do I have a thing for pretty guys crying?" She murmurs questionably all to herself as she pushes back a strand of her (H/C) hair behind her ear as she smiles softly.

"I keep getting attracted to it, I wonder if it's because you're a pretty guy crying or because it's you, Tatsu."

Sakamoto's breath hitched— just mere seconds ago, here he was sitting on the ground crying while thinking about her, and now?.....

You know me the best
You know my worst, see me hurt, but you don't judge
That right there is the scariest feeling

(10 years ago)

"Ahahahahaha! Hahahahahha! Guess I'll have to stay here for the night!"

Sakamoto grins as he pours sake into his own cup, everyone had just parted ways after the war— Sakamoto, with his own injury, also had nothing more he could do so he decided to take a different path. One he had always wanted deep down, to explore, to discover, and to have fun.

In the middle of his journey, from going here to there and one place to another— Sakamoto often lingered around different villages, staying there for a week or so before continueing on in his pursuit of his adventure.

Sakamoto gazed at the almost empty inn that he stumbled upon, he didn't even know where he was right now. Looking around, at the wonderful night view of the stars twinkling in the skies and the cool breeze blowing past the open space.

This would've been perfect if Sakamoto wasn't alone.

Sakamoto smiled, as he softly sighed and placed his cup down. He pats his knees and looks up to admire the sky.