Will I See You Again 2 (Takasugi Shinsuke)

*Please read Part 1 first!!!

Takasugi frowned— he leaned against the tree, waiting for her with an anxious heart.

He was such an idiot— to think that he had only remembered she was that girl only when they had parted ways. But now, now that he knew— he wasn't just gonna stand idly by and watch fate do its thing.

He was gonna do it himself.

".....Will she come?" Takasugi looked up to the sky with a lonely and solemn look in his eye.

"No," He whispered lowly and shook his head, a scowl appearing on his lips, "Will I see her again?"

If she didn't arrive, he wouldn't hold it against her. It seemed that she didn't intentionally abandon him years ago either— something had come up at that time.

But now was differemt— Back then, Takasugi was just a child who knew nothing more than the surface.

Now, he had seen and known everything. He can do something—

"Well, I guess you're a man of promise."

Takasugi's eye widened when he heard her voice. He sees her grin, standing right in front of him with her hand connected behind her back.

A rare smile flashed on his lips.

"—I always have been."

All that time he was waiting for her— it wasn't all in vain if he could see her again.

From there on out, they started seeing each other every few weeks. Gradually getting closer and getting to know eah other.

Takasugi didn't tell her that they met before— when they were kids.

He wanted to take it slow, he didn't want to force her. He wanted her to remember it by herself— because...

It would mean that he had a special place in her heart if she did so.

----

The leaves dance on the ground as the gentle, cold wind blows past the trees. Takasugi looked at the figure sitting under a tree.

A book loosely clutched in her hands, and her face ever so ethereal to look at. While she seemed completely unaware that she had dozed off.

For a second, a smile appears on Takasugi's lips as he drew nearer to the woman. Unguarded and defenseless, she was sleeping right out in the open.

"I see a big idiot," Takasugi crouched down and flicked her forehead causing the woman to jerk and snap her eyes open.

"Wha— Oh, Shin. It was just you." She sighs in relief while Takasugi scowls at her.

"What did you think you were doing sleeping out here?" He growled in a low voice, laced with worry and anger.

He was worried for her, though he wouldn't show it so easily. She was a woman— out in the open where anyone could just appear and do as they wanted to her!

"...You took too long," She pouted, "I was tired. The kids were very energetic about learning today."

Takasugi takes a seat beside her, listening attentively to each and every word (Y/N) spoke. After their brief encounter and the promise to always meet there— both of them started meeting up more recently.

At first, (Y/N) was suspicious of him. But she couldn't shake off the familiar and nostalgic feeling whenever she saw him.

Determined to know more about the male— she decided to befriend him.