Catch me, I'm Falling 2 (Sakata Gintoki)

*This takes place a bit moooooore time after the Part 1

*This is in Gin's pov!!

(Y/N) quietly looked over at me. I could feel her stare pierce through me though my eyes were closed. I was trying to relax and get as much rest as I could.

"...Gin, are you not scared?"

At her words, I slowly opened my eyes. I looked at her and sighed, we were forced to camp out at one of enemy base that we had attacked and overtaken.

"......What's with you?" I mumbled in a whiny tone as I place my hand on her head to gently ruffle her hair.

"....I don't know. It's just....." (Y/N) looked around, most of our men were injured and compared to when we first launched the raid there was only less than half of us left.

I knew why she was saying such things

"—Sometimes...when it's like this, I just....don't see my life worth living anymore." She chuckled, "I know I shouldn't be saying this but.....I just can't help it."

"What? Are you gettin' all nervous coz that shortie's at a different base?" I joke around, but comfortingly pat her head.

"With me here— you'll be safe. I assure you that, sometimes we have things we find life worth living too for you know?"

"....What is it for you then? What makes life worth living for you?" She curiously asked me.

I paused, I didn't know what to answer. I could only look straight into those clear (E/C) eyes of hers that looked right into my own red ones.

She could make me feel so weak even when I feel like ripping off even a 100 more of those amanto's heads.

"You—"

I gulped, realizing that I didn't choose my words right.

If I accidentally confess right here and burden her with these feelings of mine—

"—You're worth protecting. So don't just think of throwing your life away alright? Or else me and that shorty will follow you to the ends of the world and scold you.''

"Oh geez...." She laughs, pushing my hand off her head, "I can't ever take you seriously."

"....I'm serious about protecting you though," I interject, putting on an irritated look. "For you— I will be your sword and shield."

"....These words," I trailed off and tapped her forehead, "Never forget them, (Y/N)."

"Oh my...How could I doze off at work?" (Y/N) sighs as she leans her head down and presses her palm against it. The bell rings as I enter the shop, how could she doze off so brazenly?

She was a lone woman watching over the store and she'll just sleep like that so defenseless? I click my tongue at the thought as I approach her.

"So you like to slack off too, huh?"

"....That's rich, coming from you Gin." She smirked as her eyes land on me.

"Do you feel like treating me to some parfaits today?" I tease, grinning slightly watching as she arches an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, stop." She rolled her eyes, "I am not spending my money on you— don't even try to trick me."

"Stingy," I stuck my tongue out and scowled, "It's the least you could do for not catching me."