To Remind You 2 (Okita Sougo) + Q&A

*....Some sort of prequel to the To Remind You chapter in the 1st book.

Sougo lazily sighs as he scratched his head, his eyes unconsciously trailing to the woman who was humming happily and was watering the indoor plants she had inside their home.

He gently laid his head on his arms which he rested on the table— Kondo had forced him to take a day off to focus on his so called new married life.

Sougo's eyes narrowed at her figure as he scowled, but it was not that useful because—  "I don't feel even an ounce of love for her." He mumbled lowly to himself in a monotone voice, cold and emotionless.

"Ah, Okita-san— What do you want for breakfast?" Her soft, mellow voice rings in his hear but he couldn't help but feel irritated.

When they first met, she was so against the idea of them suddenly getting married. Why was she so calm about it now?

"—Anything." He answered shortly, earning a small hum from her as a reply.

He didn't even know what this woman's life was like before she met him— how could he spend the rest of his life with her? Sougo furrowed his eyebrows, and at that moment he made a small thought deep in his heart.

'—I'll never learn how to love this woman.'

---

"Your umbrella," (Y/N) stated in a soft tone when Sougo was putting on his coat. He turned to her with that nonchalant and emotionless look on his face as he wordlessly takes it from her hands.

"..Thanks," Sougo didn't even take a second glance at her before he went out of the house. It had just been a few days after all after the scheme of a marriage Matsudaira put them up to.

For a few days, Sougo tried to assassinate Matsudaira for what he did— but after being threatened to be fired he gave up.

Plus, Matsudaira gave Sougo a special bonus— stating that if he ever succeeded in assassinating Hijikata, Matsuaira offered to cover up the crime for him.

(Y/N) had surprisingly put up with Sougo and his— cold facade. However, Sougo wasn't dealing with it well. He may act cold and uncaring, but that was who Sougo was.

Hijikata glanced at Sougo who was entering through the gates and he arched an eyebrow. Sougo seem a bit more irritated than he usually was.

"......(Y/N)-san is a nice woman." Hijikata suddenly stated, making Sougo turn to hin and scowl.

"I don't recall asking you something, Hijikata-san." Sougo comments, "You should refrain from speaking too much. When I hear your voice I get the sudden urge to kill you more."

"...Fine. I was talking to myself!!" Hijikata said with his eyebrow twitching and a vein almost popping out from his forehead— Sougo knew how to irritate the man even when he wasn't feeling it.

"I'm just saying," Hijikata sighs as he closes his eyes and brings his cigarette to his lips. "(Y/N)-san's doing her best to become a good wife— It wouldn't hurt for you to try and be a good husband to her."

".......Hijikata-san has gone crazy— He started talking to himself now." Sougo got up and ran away without even responding to Hijikata's small lecture.

Of all things, Sougo least wanted to be lectured by the man who made his beloved elder sister miserable. What did Hijikata know about love? All the women he loves in his life dies.

".....That's stupid. Up until recently she was against our marriage too."

He looked down with a frown on his lips and his eyebrows furrowed on an angry manner.