One Last Regret (Sakata Gintoki)

"A ghost-hunting?! Gin-san, why did you accept aren't you scared of ghosts?" Shinpachi deadpanned, turning to Gintoki who seemed to be in high spirits.

"Hah, ghosts don't mean anything when we're gonna be rich." Gintoki smugly rubbed his fingers together, "Besides, there's probably nothing there. It's just a bunch of paranoid riche richs."

"Gin-chan, what does that mean??"

"It means...." Gintoki trailed off with a wide grin, "You can eat all the sukonbu you want."

"Yahoo!"

"....Something doesn't feel right about this." Shinpachi looks at the request form and sighs, shaking his head. Though, since Gintoki already accepted it, that means they had to do it.

------

"So, the family is out for the weekend??" Shinpchi asks curiously as he follows behind Gintoki, Sadaharu and Kagura who walk up to the doors of a large mansion.

"Yeah, and while they're gone they want us to exorcise the house or something like that." Gintoki mumbled as he jangled the keys and looked for the keys to the house. "We'll just check it out for a bit and then go home. Easy money~"

"...Arf! Arf!" Sadaharu kept barking at the entrance making Kagura arch an eyebrow. "Sadaharu, quiet down there's no one there."

"Ah, got it." Gintoki chuckled as he twisted the knob and the door opened. As they ventured inside, they stared in awe— it was a spacious mansion with detailed designs– definitely a rich family's house.

"They're really rich huh?....." Shinpachi gaped as they all looked around. Apparently the client had given Gintoki full authority to roam around as they pleased as long as they got the job done.

"I hear they bought it from some old noble samurai family back from long before," Gintoki looked around boredly, his pinky up his nose as usual.

"Wow! Gin-chan look!!" Kagura excitedly ran around with Sadaharu trailing behind her— the dog was oddly quiet and shaking. Which the trio ignored, thinking that the dog just had to pee.

"Kagura, take Sadaharu out before he makes a mess here." Gintoki ordered which Kagura happily did— Shinpachi started to wander off to and eventually Gintoki was left alone.

"....W-Wait a second." Gintoki froze when he faced a long, dark hallway. Finally realizing that his kids left him alone, Gintoki started feeling scared.

"O-Oi!!! Shinpachi-kun?? Kagura-chan? Sadaharu-kun!! Where did you run off to!? Gin-san shouldn't be left alon—" In the midst of his call for immediate back up he hears slow but steady footsteps gradually approaching him.

"E-Eh?....I was told there isn't anyone here?....Ah! T-They might be wrong though— A-After all it's such a large house......" Gintoki gulped, his hands shaking and sweat started trickling down his face.

"Who......." Gintoki gulped, feeling cold shivers run down his spine all of a sudden. "Who could it be?...." He called out sweetly, tricking his mind into thinking it was just some butler or maid that was left behind in the house.

Gintoki craned his neck when he felt a presence behind him and his red eyes met with (E/C) ones.

"Ah...."

A feminine voice softly called out, in a monotone and emotionless tone making Gintoki jump. But the woman's face— delicate but soft features, she seemed young. Normally, in this situation Gintoki would already be on the verge of bursting into tears and would be running away at full strength.