Not A Stranger (Hattori Zenzou)

"Please, please, please." (Y/N) clasped her hands together and closed her eyes as she entered a small convenience store— to be honest, it was the 7th store she had visited all just to find the new release of JUMP.

"Oh. There it is."

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow when she hears another voice exclaim— her hand bumped into another hand while reaching for the JUMP.

Usually, this was the part where flowers would appear everywhere— a sweet, romantic song plays in the background and it signals the start of another untold love story.

But this was Gintama— none of that happens.

"Oi, I think you were mistaken." (Y/N) smiled, the corners of her lips twitching irritatedly as she turned to face the shaggy-brown haired man who was reaching for the last copy of JUMP.

"The ero-mags are over there, kid. It's time to grow up, cherry-boy." (Y/N) scoffed and pointed to the adult magazines beside the JUMP.

"Sorry miss, but I'm a grown up. In fact, I'm a gentleman— and I'd love to give this JUMP to you but I've been having a bad day and my hemorrhoids are acting up." Hattori frowns, turning to face her.

"Hemorrhoids are painful you know? They're a real pain in the butt."

"I get it, JUMP can remove stress. But my litte brother— he really wants it and as a kind elder sister, I want to buy it for him. JUMP is a kid's dream you know? Would you want to shatter a boy's heart and dreams?" (Y/N) placed a hand on her chest and sighed woefully.

"Hey miss, I'm a young boy at heart too. But instead of my heart, my butt is shattered because of my hemorrhoids so please let me have this JUMP."

"Fine, then. There's only one way to settle this." (Y/N) sighs as she clenched her fist.

"I agree. This is the only way." Hattori clenched his fist too— they both took a stance and raised their fists at each other.

"Rock, Paper, Scissors— SHOOT!"

"Ha! I win!!" Hattori screamed in triumph, and he quickly snatched the JUMP. But then, when he saw that look on her face— his heart wavered.

As ninjas, they were taught to lock their emotions up. As a result, Hattori was always stoic and he never felt any intense emotions at all. But for some reason...that woman...was able to make his heart waver.

The absolute look of defeat and disappointment on her delicate but beautiful features, the way she chewed on her bottom lip— her glossy, (E/C) eyes brimming with tears she barely held back.

"....You can have it." Hattori placed a hand on the back of his neck, he thrusted the JUMP to her but she shook her head.

"No. I have my pride— We both fought for it fair and square and I lost accordingly. There will always be winners and losers." (Y/N) pushed the JUMP back and stormed off leaving Hattori alone.

"Jeez....What a weird woman," He scratched his head and made his way to the register.

He thought that after that day, he'd forget it and write it off as just like any other normal, boring day in his life. But he was wrong— very wrong.

Because that day— was the day Hattori met the woman he would love for the rest of his life.

----------

"Damn it. I have to hurry up with this delivery, my hemorrhoids...." Hattori winced as he rang the doorbell to an apartment. Jobs were slimming down, so he had to get back to his pizza delivery part time. Luckily for him— he'll only have to endure a little more because it was his last delivery for the day– he had to go and buy some medicine before—