Wifey Material (Sakata Gintoki)

BAM!!

(Again, sorry for the bad sound effects— I dont have money yet for good sound effects 😔)

Gintoki raised an eyebrow when he heard something drop near the entrance. It was midnight at the Yorozuya House, Shinpachi had already been sent home and Kagura was asleep.

Gintoki was lounging in the living room because (Y/N) still hadn't gotten home from work. Cautiously standing up, he made his way to the entrance. Then, he saw (Y/N) lying on the ground.

He sighs and crouched down to (Y/N)'s side. "Oi, are you dead or something? If you're sleepy go sleep in our room!" He growls, poking her side with his finger but getting no response from her.

"G-Gin...." Slowly, (Y/N) looked up with teary eyes and a pout on her lips, her bottom lip quivering quite cutely. "Hug me?...." She sat up and raised her arms childishly at him.

"...What're you going on about now? Are you a kid?!" Gintoki gasps, his face getting flushed almost immediately after her request.

(Y/N) clicked her tongue, dropping her pout she narrowed her eyes at him and furrowed her eyebrows angrily.

"You umgrateful man!" (Y/N) stood up, "I work hard all day for our Sakata Family and you don't even appreciate me! Sleep in the living room tonight, get into our room and I'll kill you seriously." She glared at him, before huffing and walking into the room which she shut close angrily.

Gintoki's eyes widened in realization— it was that! Hell week at her work, there was a special time every year where her co worker goes on a leave, leaving her to deal with everything at the clinic and then it gets swarmed with customers— and of course working in a clinic all by yourself was never really that easy.

So (Y/N) works from the break of dawn till midnight. Meaning, right now— she was stressed, sleep-deprived and wanted nothing more than to relax and have some time for herself.

"....(Y/N)?...." Gintoki slowly knocked on the door, placing his ear against the door he didn't hear any sound so he decided to just open it.

Then, he saw (Y/N) lying in their futon. Blanket wrapped right around her figure but her back was turned to him. She had already fallen asleep so Gintoki decided he'd just slip in and cuddle with her.

Gently slipping in on the futon, he places the blanket around both him and (Y/N) carefully so as not to wake her up. Gintoki then placed his other arm around her to cuddle her from behind.

Remembering as she got angry with him, she probably wouldn't even want to face him. But, as Gintoki's eyes fluttered close he felt (Y/N) move and turn around, and then she placed her head on his chest.

"...I thought you were angry with me." Gintoki scoffed, slowly opening his eyes to find her pouting. "I am," She huffed, and snuggled closer to him.

"But I still love you, nothing changes that."

Gintoki smiled softly and started stroking her hair softly. He kissed the top of her head and whispered. "I love you more than you could ever think."

----

The next morning, Gintoki woke up to an empty futon. (Y/N) wasn't there anymore and she didn't even wake him up before she left. Yawning and with a hand under his shirt, he walked outside to see Kagura and Shinpachi eating.

"Oh, Gin-san. (Y/N)-nee cooked us food before she left." Shinpachi informs while Gintoki sighed. "She's at work again? It's too early...." He frowned and headed off to the bathroom.