My Most Precious Wife (Okita Sougo)

*Imagine Sougo from the Gintama Movie Be Forever Yorozuya here~

"What are you doing?"

Sougo smiles as he enters their house, seeing his wife working on a canvas with a paintbrush in her hand.

"Stop!"

(Y/N) calls out when he starts walking towards her to peek at her newest artwork.

"What?"

Sougo chuckles, halting in place with his eyes locked on hers.

"This is a surprise!" She pouts, standing up to grab a white sheet and throws it over the canvas.

"Stay here, I'll go buy a few stuff at the groceries." (Y/N) walked over to grab her bag.

She stopped and gave Sougo the stink-eye.

"You can't peek at it while I'm gone. It's not done yet,"

"....Yes." Sougo huffed out while she chuckled and made her way to the door.

"It's my present to you, Sou-chan." She giggles, winking at him. "You can open it when I get back."

Sougo put on a pout, "Then hurry back."

"I will, I will."

Sougo's eyes gently lifted, sleepiness still pulling him back to the comforts of the sheets that felt cold and lonely.

His eyes felt so puffy and he felt like he couldn't open them even if he wanted to.

A low groan escaped his lips as he slowly pushes himself up, sitting up and his eyes falling on the painting hanging right in front of him.

But as soon as he saw it again, tears threatened to resurface and his chest tightened in pain.

"(Y/N)..."

A low whimper sounds in the desolate, empty room.

Right in front of him was the dirtied white sheet that previously covered the canvas.

But under that canvas was a beautiful painting of Sougo and (Y/N), both dressed in white.

Their foreheads pressed together, their eyes closed and their hands interwined as a gentle, sincere smile rests on their lips.

Written on the lower part of it was—

"Our Dream— Wedding Day"

".....Shit," Sougo cursed as he wipes the tears in his eyes with his sleeve, he grit his teeth.

Looking up at that painting was tearing away at him every single time.

But he decided enough was enough, mourning, crying and whining everyday wasn't going to bring her back.

"..The old man near the Yorozuya." Sougo suddenly spoke with his eyes going wide at the realization.

He remembered how Gintoki once told him the story of him going to an alternate world where everyone was different and Gintoki was apparently the villain.

Sougo thought Gintoki had gone crazy, but Gintoki had always been crazy. So he shrugged it off, and paid no heed to it.

But if time-travelling was actually possible, then maybe.....

Gengai pauses his work when he hears the shutters of his old garage open slowly. He looks back and sees a familiar face.

A small smirk appears on Gengai's face, turning to the long haired man standing in front of him.