12

Fireworks - First Aid Kit

A loud smack abruptly slams against the sturdy ice, followed by a small yelp that forced Jeongguk to stop skating, a heavy annoyed sigh easing his lips in displease. He really tried not to get irritated since obviously, Jimin is no professional skater, but this is probably the fifth time he has landed onto the ice and they're not even doing pair work together.

Sure, maybe Jeongguk was a bit rusty in the beginning because of the pick and the adjusting to the overall different feel of the skates, but he quickly got the hang of it since being on the ice isn't exactly a mission impossible for him.

If anything, skating feels so much more easier than walking, and being able to figure skate just boosts his confidence to this new area he's exploring and getting it down.

Meanwhile for Jimin, Jeongguk was having a hard time deciding if he was doing this on purpose or he really is struggling with skating. It's been two weeks already since their meeting, and sometimes when they would practice things such as gliding the corners together or having in sync steps, Jimin seems to get it quickly. However when he's alone, practicing spins or jumps, he struggles horrifically.

Sometimes Jeongguk does feel bad for him, but thankfully Jackson is not an asshole and tries to guide him through it instead of yelling at him. Recently he told them that they have an event coming up in a month from now, so Jimin has been extra hard on himself to get adjusted to the ice. Even though Jackson has stated that there's no jumping involved in the choreography that he has in mind, Jimin still didn't spend a day where he didn't try spinning or jumping even after practice.

It's clear to say that he's scared, that's why he always ends up failing every single time despite being a risk taker to fight against it. This new field for him is clearly new and even though sometimes he does get it somewhat right, that doesn't take away the times he has failed.

Jeongguk has managed to learn the spins and maybe not entirely the jumps yet, but he's confident enough in himself to get it down perfectly fine. It sucks that he can't really give tips to Jimin in regards to how to better himself in the moment because of his speaking, and even if he plans to approach him after practice with a tablet to talk to him, Jimin always leaves before he could catch up to him.

Don't get him wrong, Jeongguk still doesn't like him, but as he said, he's a professional. They have to met eye to eye when they're out on the ice, especially now that they're a team. If they're going to perform their best, it has to be the absolute best and not just a small percentage to what they can really do

So that's why after a few more failed attempts from Jimin and Jackson dismissing the lesson for today, leaving in a hurry because of a phone call, Jimin was just about ready to stomp out of the ice in clear aggravation to move on with his day but Jeongguk has caught up to him and grabbed his arm before he could step out of the rink.

Jimin cranes his head back, eyebrows furrowed in irritation but he stops in his movements with a deep grimace, "What?"

They haven't really interacted together this past two weeks that they've been practicing, not unless it's in the training room where they go over positions with Jackson that would be used out on the rink, but just physical contact but not so much.... Speaking, obviously.