6

Nurse's Office - Melanie Martinez

Jimin spoke too soon.

Way too fucking soon.

Why? Well because here he is, on this stupid rink with a pair of white ice skates on while trying to not fall face planted down. There's a mean scowl on his face as Jackson shows him how to glide against the ice but he didn't move, his way of protest of being here to begin with.

It's been five days already and Jimin has purposely fell multiple times, even if it hurts, refusing to skate but would get pushed by Jackson so he can move his feet. There's been a few times already that he's forgotten that this is a little trail in the program and Jimin would find himself easily skating while Jackson was busy in his office, maybe even trying twirls like how he would do in ballet. Of course it's different for ice skating but he did have balance to be able to succeed it well.

As strange as it is, Jimin wasn't actually finding this too much of a burden as he makes it seem to be. If anything, he was finding some sort of determination to steady more his skating skills early in the morning before more skaters come in to practice or before the coaches could notice him to inform Jackson. Something about gliding on the ice feels satisfying, in a strange way, but Jimin wasn't going to give Jackson that benefit of a doubt.

So that's why he only hid his efforts, up until his supposedly partner came in on time to her time for their practice, but she never really said anything for his sake. Nayeon, a more professional figure skater and someone who can easily get along with anyone to be paired with if Jackson does end up wanting to keep Jimin in the program.

She's nice, a damn good skater too, but obviously Jimin didn't want to give in the effort to be in this program a day long. When Jackson would just watch and observe them, Nayeon would just guide Jimin through more moves but their connection was just not working out.

Even off the ice when Jackson wanted to teach them a choreography in the practice room, it just wasn't working out since they're are far different levels. Sure, in ballet Jimin has danced multiple times with female dancers so gender roles has nothing to do with it. But Nayeon lacked something that Jimin had, and it was being risky.

The moves she did was sharp and gentle, but it needs to look as though she's feeling the music and not just listening to it in a robotic movement. It was obvious that Jimin was a vast step ahead of her while practicing the choreography, even Jackson noticed it, and Nayeon was refusing to let herself open up more to stay on the safe side.

So typical.

By the end of the day, Jackson turned off the music and hands a water bottle to each pair, "It's been five days and this is not working," Jimin grew a seed of hope, "However I refuse to give in to the idea that it's impossible, especially for you Jimin."

Oh great.

Well, Jimin has two days to prove just how pointless this time has been for the three of them if he wants to be stubborn.

But seems like Jackson had other plans.

He smiles widely, crossing his fingers behind his back, "I know exactly what to do to fix this right up!"

"Jeongguk! Have you seen my skates?!"

The ravenette haired boy looks around the locker room, finding a pair of familiar black skates leaning against a locker. So he points to it.