Chapter 48: Winds of Change

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 48: Winds of Change
_________________________________

"Seiya!" Usagi giggled, her words muffled behind the taste of Seiya's lips. "We really...need...to go to bed!"

A smiled tugged at the corner of Seiya's mouth. "I can't help it," she breathed between kisses. "I'm just...so...happy!"

Usagi gently pushed Seiya's body off her and sat up on the couch. They'd been kissing for so long, she'd lost track of time. The sky was the color of blackberries and the stars twinkled like glitter thrown in the air. Morning would rise soon.

"Please, Bun Head, just a little more," Seiya begged, kissing her neck. Her hands pressed against her back, inviting her closer.

A shy smile spread across the blonde's face. She turned her head to the side as Seiya blew ticklish air into her ear.

"You're being so silly, Seiya..." she murmured. "You're acting like this is the last time we'll ever be with each other, when it's the complete opposite."

"Exactly. That's why we should celebrate, don't you think?" Seiya's fingers circled the top button of Usagi's flannel pj's. Her other hand slid up the moon princess's thigh. "Just think about it, Bun Head, there's nothing keeping us apart any longer. Chibi-Bun Head's safe. We're safe. It's finally over, isn't it?"

Usagi nibbled on her bottom lip. "Yes, but... Well, there's a lot we have to think about yet..."

"Like what?"

"Like what're we going to do about Chibi Chibi? Should we keep her here in the present or send her back to the future where she belongs?" Usagi shifted nervously. "She's technically not supposed to be born for a while yet, you know? I mean...I don't know when, obviously, but a couple years from now at least, right? Or something like that... You- you know what I mean!" Usagi ducked her head.

Red appeared on Seiya's cheeks. She coughed and looked away. "Yeah, um, well, I don't mind having her around. I'm more than willing to take care of her if that's what you mean. We did before, didn't we?"

"Yeah. It's just, I've been in this position before, finding out I have a daughter, but you haven't. I wanted to make sure you were okay with it. I mean, it all happened so suddenly..."

"Of course I'm okay with it, why wouldn't I be? Sure I'm still shocked, and a little nervous..." Seiya blew out a breath of air. "Okay, a lot nervous," she admitted. "And the whole idea of being a parent is nerve-racking, but I think we'll do just fine. We make a great team, Bun Head."

"We do."

Seiya caressed the side of Usagi's face. "So you've got nothing to worry about. I'll always be here for you, no matter what. I promise."

"Thank you, Seiya. You're way too good to me..." Usagi rested her head on the Starlight's shoulder. She drank in Seiya's soothing fragrance. They fell into a comfortable silence, and just held each other for a while, waching the start of the sunrise out the bedroom window.

"Where are we going to live from now on, Seiya?" Usagi whispered into her bluish hair. "On Kinmoku? Or Earth...?"

Seiya's stomach squeezed. She paused and cleared her throat. "I'd like to come back to Earth with you," she offered.

Usagi pinched her lips together. "I don't want you to give up your home for me, Seiya," she said, a serious look settling over her features.

"Same goes for you."