Chapter 9: Black Eclipse

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

If you enjoy Seiya & Usagi and Minako & Yaten shipping you should follow me on instagram where I post my drawings of them: taylorlynn.art

Let me know you came from Wavering Destiny :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 9: Black Eclipse
_________________________________

Minako swerved through customers and mannequins. Oh my god! I can't believe it! They were standing so close! 'Dancing', huh? More like they were about to kiss back there!

"Hey Minako, did any of those fit?" Rei asked when her friend returned.

"Eh? Oh. Yeah, most of them did," she replied nervously. She dropped the pile of clothes into the small shopping cart.

The sky outside grew darker and the light sprinkles of raindrops melted into a downpour. The rain splashed off of the cold sidewalk outside.

"Wow, I thought it was supposed to let up. It's raining cats and dogs out there!" Minako said, looking out the store's large front windows. She shook her head, "Anyways, you wouldn't believe it! I just ran into Seiya and Usagi back there..."

"Yeah?"

"They're definitely up to something. You should have seen them."

Rei pursed her lips. Before she could reply, Makoto caught her attention with a wave. She approached with Taiki and Ami at her sides. Yaten was nowhere in sight.

"I was just coming over here to tell you two about the party's attire. It is a bit formal, so you should pick something nice out," Taiki told them.

"Yeah, look at mine!" Makoto held up the dress she had chosen. It was a long and flowing light pink gown.

"Wow! That's gonna look great on you, Mako!" Minako gushed.

"It's really pretty," Rei agreed. She turned to the tall Starlight. "Do you have something Taiki?" The thought of her in a dress was kind of strange to Rei. She imagined her in a white tux instead.

Taiki folded her arms across her chest. "Unlike Seiya's decision to wait until the last minute, I have had mine picked out well in advance."

Ami smiled. "You two should go get yours! We were just going to look at the jewelry," she said motioning to the glass case on the other side of the boutique.

"Okay, sounds good!" Minako waved to them and headed over to a rack full of dresses. She begun to rummage through them excitedly. Rei nodded to the others and followed Minako.

"Oh wow! These are so cool!" Minako pulled five dresses in her size off the clothing rack. Her eyes were lit up like a child in a candy shop.

Rei eyed a fire engine red dress. "I definitely want this one! Let's see how it fits."

The duo returned to the dressing rooms, and Minako found they were empty. I wonder what Usagi's up to now.

Minako slipped into the short, black dress that caught her eye.

"I think I found which one I want," Rei called. She stood outside of the stall and critiqued herself in the endless mirrors.

"Really? Let me see," Minako stepped outside and gawked at Rei. The bright red dress fell just above her knees, showing off her toned calves. The spaghetti straps accented her shoulders. Red was definitely her color.

"That's it! That's the one!" Minako told her.

Rei blushed and examined her reflection. "Oh, you really think so?" She gathered her silky black hair and bunched it up as if it were in an updo. "I was thinking the same thing myself, actually."