Chapter 6: A Song For You

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :3

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 6: A Song For You
_________________________________

As she approached her two friends, Usagi started to feel self-conscious that she and Seiya were holding hands. She didn't want to give them the wrong idea, so she unclasped her fingers and took a step away.

Usagi said in a low voice, "I don't want them to get any ideas or anything."

"You know, most girls would have killed to hold hands with me in public when I was part of the Three Lights."

"Well I'm not most girls," Usagi whispered back.

"I know. That's why I like you."

Usagi blushed. "What's that supposed to mean? And there's nothing going on between us!"

"If you say so, Bun Head." Seiya felt her flirty side coming through, just like old times.

Usagi ignored her. On some level, she was asking herself the same question. She'd been asking it since before Seiya left last year.

They emerged from the maze to find Rei waiting with her hands on her hips, and Mako studying a nearby climbing rose bush.

"It's about time!" Rei complained.

Usagi frowned. "Rei! If you hadn't taken off without me, this wouldn't have happened!"

"Me? What's that supposed to mean? If you had just followed me like I told you to...!"

"You just left me there, Rei! You're such a meanie!" Usagi stuck out her tongue.

"You are so immature!"

Seiya gave Makoto a look. "Do they do this often?" she asked.

Makoto sweat dropped. "Unfortunately."

"Let's head in and see what Taiki and Yaten are up to," Seiya suggested, interrupting their squabble.

Usagi turned away from Rei childishly. "Sounds good."

"Yeah. Just don't get lost again," Rei instigated with a sly smile.

"Why you-" Usagi started, but she felt Makoto put a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on, Usagi, let's see what Ami and Taiki doing," she offered.

Usagi followed her taller friend. Seiya led everyone back inside.

Two maids, clad in classic black and white frills, passed by them, arms full of linens. "Good morning, Fighter," one said politely.

"Good morning, ladies," Seiya replied.

"Will we see Princess Kakyuu again soon?" asked Makoto.

"Most likely not. She's working on preparations for the party next week," Seiya answered. "A lot of work is going into it, especially these last few days. You might see more workers than usual in the halls."

"A party? What kind of party?" Usagi asked with interest.

"We're celebrating one year of our return to Kinmoku after the war with Chaos," Seiya explained. "While we were lucky here at the palace as far as desctruction went, I can't same the same for the rest of our planet, especially here in Olivian, the capital."

"I see," said Rei.

"Is there going to be lots of yummy food?" Usagi asked. Her mouth watered as she imagined different kinds of foreign dishes.