Chapter 30: SuperStar

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

So I'm not really a Directioner, but my sister is. She's got all their songs on my iPod. I was listening to music on shuffle when all of a sudden this song made me stop in my tracks. I can't even believe how similar it is to the situation between Minako and Yaten in this story. So I feel the need to mention it:

"They Don't Know About Us" by One Direction.

A/N: 11/29/20 - What a different time this was written in! An ipod? Haha! 1D was still together, now Harry Styles is grown up and on the cover of Vogue wearing a dress (and rocking it!). Crazy.

Anyways, enjoy :)

Discussed: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 30: SuperStar
_________________________________

Thinking back on the moment, Minako didn't know why she didn't just run to her room. Perhaps because it was a ten minute walk from the ballroom in the enormous Kinmokian palace. She didn't have time for that. Her performance started in fifteen minutes, and she was supposed to be getting ready with the Three Lights at that very second.

Instead, Minako held back tears and threw herself into the hallway, almost taking out a waitor with a tray of beverages. She broke into a sprint, scrambling to find a nearby bathroom. Heaving herself against the door, she nearly took out two workers exiting. She muttered an apology and headed straight to the sink.

It was a small bathroom with only two stalls. It occurred to her that in her hurry she hadn't even managed to find the main washroom intended for the guests. She was glad for her mistake, this way nobody could witness her in the frazzled state.

She stood on her tip toes and lifted the front of her dress into the porcelain sink. Cranking the faucet handle on high, a cold torrent drowned the stain. She pumped a couple squirts of soap in her hand and vigorously rubbed it into the spot.

Minako clenched her teeth as she scrubbed. She couldn't decide which emotion was stronger; anger, hurt, or humiliation. It was too close of a call.

I can't believe those three. Seriously, wasn't shooting me down satisfying enough? Why did they have to do this too?

She turned the water off and wrung the bottom of her dress with her hands, squeezing out the excess water. The blotchy red stain was now an even larger pink stain. Minako groaned. It was punch, it wasn't coming out.

Minako sank to her knees on the cold tile floor. I can't go out there, I just can't. They can sing without me. I'm sorry Yaten, I know we worked so hard on that song. It looks like only the two of us got to hear it.

Yaten...

Minako buried her face in her hands. Those girls are right. Yaten isn't serious about me. It was just an excuse after all. She knew the whole time that we could never really be together. I feel so stupid for thinking I had a chance. Not when we're from different worlds. Not when I don't know her at all.

Suddenly, Yaten's voice rang through her head. 'I think everybody should hear your voice. You're amazing, and I don't know any other girl that shines like you do.'

Minako gulped. A hot blush crossed her face.

'This is your dream, isn't it?!'

Minako bit down hard on her lip. She's right. Singing is my passion. I finally get to perform for an audience, and better yet, a song the two of us wrote together. And if I don't go out there...