Chapter 10: Fearless

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

As far as characters go, I'm basically going off of the anime. I've only read the manga once, and that was years ago. I really like the relationship between Minako & Rei in PGSM (the live action) so I sort of incorporated that into here as well.

This chapter was inspired by the song "Fearless" by Taylor Swift. I listened to it the entire time I wrote this chapter.

Okay, on to the story! :D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 10: Fearless
_________________________________
Crackle! Kaboom!

The brewing storm was relentless.

Usagi inhaled, filling her lungs with Seiya's rosy scent. I wish it would stop! It's so dark, I can't see a thing!

"How are you doing?" Seiya's voice was smooth.

"Better," she admitted. She settled down now, despite the thunder. Could it be because of Seiya? I'm really glad she's here with me. I feel so relaxed right now...

The lights flickered, then illuminated the store. Seiya blinked, allowing her eyes adjust.

"The power has returned. We apologize for the inconvenience," a saleswoman announced over the intercom. Sighs of relief and joy whispered throughout the boutique.

Usagi lifted her head from Seiya's chest. Four blue eyes met.

"See? I told you it was going to be okay."

Usagi nodded and pulled away. "Thank you, Seiya."

"No problem, Bun Head." Seiya patted one her hair buns playfully.
_________________________________

Boom. Boom. Boom. Minako's heart was racing 100 miles per hour in her chest. She was holding Yaten's hand when the lights came back on.

"Oh hey, they're back!" Minako didn't know if she could take it any longer. Being so close to Yaten in the dark... Anything could happen.

"Yeah, they are," Yaten stated obviously. They met each others gaze and both looked away.

Minako kept playing their kiss over in her head. It made her so nervous she couldn't think of anything to say. She wondered if Yaten was just as flustered, despite her collected attitude.

"Um, well I guess I'd better finish trying these on," Minako blabbed uneasily. "I've gotta find something to wear to that party, don't I? Ahaha..."

Yaten turned to the heap of clothes and pulled out a strapless orange dress. It was glittery and ruffled out at the bottom. She held it up in front of Minako. "Here, wear this one. I think it'll look...er, good on you."

Minako accepted the dress from her. "Okay...thanks." She felt her face warm.

Yaten shrugged coolly.

Minako tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "What are you gonna wear to the party?" She was used to seeing Yaten in a light blue tux back when she was in the Three Lights.

"Hmm, you'll have to wait and see." Yaten gave her a knowing smile.

Minako felt her stomach flip flop. Ah! Does she realize every little thing she does drives me crazy?

"Minako?" Rei called from outside.

Minako and Yaten froze. Their eyes met in alarm. If Rei knew Yaten was in there with her...