Chapter 14: Here We Go

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 14: Here We Go
_________________________________

Usagi's eyelids slowly opened. She blinked a couple times before remembering where she was. Bright sunlight streamed in through the window on the other side of the bedroom. Usagi looked over and saw that Seiya was still asleep beside her. She watched her chest rise and fall peacefully and could hear her faint breathing in the quiet room.

Seiya looked innocent like a kitten. Her bluish hair glistened in the sunlight. Usagi brought her hand to Seiya's face and gently traced her fingers down her cheek, lingering by her lips. Usagi smiled coyly at the memory. Those lips were soft, delicious, and enchanting. She couldn't believe she hadn't found that out until now. And she couldn't believe she was still thinking about it.

Usagi sighed. The answer to the confusing situation had not come to her like she hoped it would. Was it too late to turn back?

Seiya rustled, her eyes fluttering as she she woke. 'Morning, Bun Head." Her voice was thick with sleep.

Usagi returned the smile. "Good morning..."

Seiya sat up and stretched. She yawned and ran her fingers though her undone hair.

Usagi sat up beside the Starlight and pulled her knees to her chest. Usagi watched a few birds fly around outside the window, basking in the warm sunlight. "It looks like the storm is over," she said.

"Yeah, you're right."

Usagi took in her surroundings. Last night it was too dark to see anything. Seiya's bedroom was spacious. It had thick, white carpet and neutral-colored walls. A huge L-shaped couch was positioned in the corner in front of a flat screen TV. A football poster was plastered on one wall. There was a door on the other side of the room, which she assumed led to a bathroom.

"How'd you sleep?"

Usagi played with the edge of her pajama shirt. "Good..." She ran her fingers through her hair and pulled it to one side of her shoulder. "What about you?"

"I slept great."

"I didn't snore did I? Or kick you accidentally?" When she slept with Chibi-Usa she had the tendency of sleeping like a frog and taking up the entire bed.

"No, you were okay. Slept like a baby in my arms," she teased.

Usagi smiled and looked away. "Whatever." She couldn't remember what she dreamed about, but she knew it was something good. Or perhaps she hadn't been dreaming.

"Actually, you did sleep talk."

"I did?"

"Just once or twice though, quietly."

"What did I say?" According to Luna, she mumbled things from time to time. Usually something about food or Mamo. But she was sort afraid to hear what she'd spilled to Seiya last night. It could have been anything with where her thoughts were lately.

Seiya brought her finger to her chin thoughtfully. "Well...you mentioned something about chocolate chip cookies."

"Is that it?"

Seiya narrowed her eyes. "Oh, and at one time I heard you mumble, 'Ah, Seiya...you're the coolest!'"

Usagi grabbed a nearby pillow and chucked it at her. Seiya raised her arm to shield herself, knocking the harmless object away.