Chapter 45: World Shaking

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

A/N : 12/14/20 - Sorry if Neptune and Uranus come off as jerks! My interpretation of them when I wrote this was based of the 90's anime. And to be fair, they are quite jerks occasionally in the original anime, though I still love them. Now that Crystal is a thing, I realize they are much more likable in that version, but I had not seen Crystal at the time I wrote this story because it didn't exist yet ;)

Enjoy! =D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 45: World Shaking
_________________________________

The air smelled like spring after a long, frozen winter; cool and crisp.

Sailor Moon could taste the sweet raindrops on her lips. They were sprinkled in her hair and clung to her clothes like snowflakes. A gentle breeze swirled around, raising goosebumps on her arms. It was eerily quiet. Where was she again? What happened? It felt like she was moving in a dream, everything was so surreal.

Raising her eyelids required a surprising amount of strength. It took a full minute for her surroundings to soak in. And bit by bit, it all came flooding back: the fight, Pluto appearing, Chibi Chibi, forming a circle, the silver crystal almost breaking, and an explosion of pink light.

Shards of glass sparkled around her white gogo boots. She didn't remember exactly, but she was positive that when the pink light had erupted from their circle, the windows of the entry room had exploded from the pressure. Glass had swirled around everyone in a tornado formation, slicing their skin and tearing their sailor uniforms. But now, as she sat among the aftermath, she was miraculously unscathed.

The mystical silver crystal...did it protect me? Aside from the disorientation clouding her brain, she felt fine. The warm light must have healed everyone when it expanded.

If that was the case...

"Chibi-Usa?" Sailor Moon said, her voice soaring with hope. She scrambled to her feet and looked all around for her daughter.

All of the other guardians were getting to their feet, looking as dazed as she felt, but there was no sign of Chibi-Usa. A streak of fear darted through her stomach. Oh no. Where is she? She can't be gone! Whipping around frantically, a flash of pink hair caught her eye.

Super Sailor Chibi Moon stood a few feet away, clothed in her guardian uniform of pinks, reds, and yellows. She wasn't transparent any more, and looked as healthy as ever. White feathers and red reflectors adorned her cone-shaped buns. Barrettes were clipped in her pale pink hair. A golden tiara, pink boots, and a choker with a heart in the center completed the look.

Her eyes were closed and her hands were cradling a glowing, flower-shaped crystal in front of her body. In the center of the crystal was a crescent moon shining bright. The mystical piece radiated hues of pinks so strong, Sailor Moon could feel the warmth from where she was standing.

"Is that...the silver crystal?" Tuxedo Mask said, appearing at her side.

Sailor Moon placed her hands over her heart and shook her head. She could feel the power pulsing within her and knew that the silver crystal had disappeared back into her locket. The crystal that Chibi Moon held was different.

"It seems your power has birthed a new crystal for Small Lady," Pluto observed. She strolled towards them and rested her hand on Sailor Moon's shoulder. Her eyes crinkled when she smiled. "Well done, Princess."

"Does that mean Chibi-Usa's going to be alright?"

"Now that she has obtained the Pink Moon Crystal...yes," Pluto replied jovially.