Chapter 29: Video Girls

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

I was soooo pumped to write this part! I had the idea for it jumping excitedly in the back of my head since chapter three. Hope you like it! :)

A/N - 11/27/20 - Peach Girl vibes and I'm here for it. My favorite chapter to write, this one and the next, hands down.

Enjoy =D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 29: Video Girls
_________________________________

Minako was in heaven. Or as close to heaven as she could get.

She and Yaten were dancing, and dancing the night away. Time seemed to fly by in the Starlight's arms. Minako had to admit she was surprised how great of a dancer Yaten was. She moved with grace and beauty, never missing a beat. Her feet stepped skillfully to the music, her eyes closed as she let the tunes carry her body away.

One of her delicate hands was rested at Minako's lower back, pulling their bodies together; so close they could hold a magazine up between their chests. The other was entwined with the blonde's hand. Yaten had her eyes closed most of the time as if she were so concentrated on the beat, she couldn't think of anything else. But when she did open them, her striking green eyes made Minako's heart flutter like a butterfly.

"I love this song," Yaten murmured, looking faraway over Minako's shoulder.

"You do? I think it's pretty too." Minako was a decent dancer herself, but being so close to her crush made her uneasy and she'd fall out of sync every so often. It didn't help that she wasn't familiar with any of the Kinmokian music.

Minako bit her lip, tasting vanilla gloss on herself. It was hard to look right at Yaten. They were so close she couldn't focus without going cross eyed. As a result, both of them ended up avoiding each others eyes. Conversation was hard to strike up, but the silence was comfortable. Every once in a while, she could hear Yaten humming along to the music. When she did speak, her whispery voice breathed warm and tingly on her cheek. Minako wanted to turn and give her a quick kiss. But she couldn't work up the nerve. She had a strong feeling Yaten wasn't into public display of affection.

The song ended. The bodies surrounding them started to drift apart, moving around to get something to eat or mingle. Minako hated awkward moments like this. Would there be another slow song? Should they take a break? She didn't want to pull away from Yaten quite yet, but it'd be weird to just stand there.

The decision was made when an upbeat pop song started to blare. Yaten had claimed only to slow dance. The Starlight took a step back, letting their hands go. Minako felt her fingers unwillingly brush out of hers.

Yaten stretched her arms behind her head. Minako sneaked a peak at her out of the corner of her eye.

Yaten wore a tight, light-green dress made out of a silk material. Thin straps criss-crossed in the front and all the way down her bare back to the dimples at the end of her spine. When they were dancing, she could feel her soft skin under her hand in an exciting way. The dress clung to her bust and stomach. It slitted up to her hip, and ruffled out in curtainy waves to her ankles.

She had her silvery hair tied back into a high ponytail at the top of her head. She debuted flawless makeup only a professional could have produced onto her already pretty features.

A group of girls suddenly approached the couple. They walked with their noses pointed high in the air, wearing short dresses cut in daring places.

"Yaten! It's so nice to see you again!"