Chapter 26: Heartbeat

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Does anyone else notice how much Seiya winks in the anime? I swear, like every episode she's throwing a flirty one at Usagi:

-"If a thief breaks in, I'll knock 'em out!" *Winks*

-"Bun Head's gonna play softball with me! I already told our teacher." *Winks*

-"Bun Head! Let's show them our love-love power!" *Winks*

-The teacher, "These three will be in our class from now on. Please show them around." Seiya, standing at the front of the class looks at Usagi and *Winks*

See? :) That's why I make her wink so much in case you guys were wondering XD lol

Enjoy! :D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 26: Heartbeat
_________________________________

"Where's Usagi?" Makoto asked when Seiya entered the dining room alone that evening.

Seiya pulled back her chair beside Taiki. "Bun Head said she's kind of tired. I'll bring her something later," she answered. She noted that the chair at the head of table was empty before remembering The Princess had some business to attend to and would be late.

Tonight it was the finest tomato soup, biscuits, and an exotic Kinmokian fruit that looked like a purple apple. Seiya picked up her spoon and started to dig in.

"I'll bet she's too humiliated to come out," Yaten snickered. She dipped her biscuit up and down in her steaming liquid, careful not to wreck her manicure.

"What do you mean?" Taiki asked.

Cat green eyes narrowed across the table to Seiya. A devious smile played on her lips. "Come on Seiya, tell 'em," Yaten taunted.

The one thing Seiya hated about herself was that she blushed easily. With her outgoing attitude and tomboyish nature, she felt that it didn't suit her. At that moment, she could feel her face growing hot. She raised her glass of water to her mouth. After a long, time-buying sip, she sat it down on the table with a clink.

"I have no idea what you're mumbling about," Seiya said with poise, avoiding their eyes.

"Okay then. Since you won't tell them, I will." Yaten rested her spoon against the side of her soup bowl. "I mean, what's the point in hiding it any longer?"

Seiya glared up under black lashes. She didn't care if everyone knew about them. But she knew Usagi wasn't prepared to have Makoto, Ami and Taiki judge their decision yet. She shot daggers across the table.

"Hiding what?" Taiki asked, turning to Seiya.

Down a few chairs, Rei and Minako exchanged anxious glances. Ami and Makoto looked at each other in confusion.

"Seiya and Usagi," Yaten said smugly. She looked square at Seiya as she spoke, although she was talking to Taiki. "I was just minding my own business earlier today when I happened to walk in on the two of them making ou-"

"Making omelets!" Seiya said quickly, her voice drowning out Yaten's. "Bun Head was hungry earlier so we came to the kitchen and made omelets. Yaten walked in and wondered what we were doing, because we weren't supposed to be in there." She shot a stern, silencing stare across the table.