Chapter 46: Speak Now

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Well, we're on the downward slide for this story! Only a couple chapters left to go...

Thanks for the reviews, I cherish every one! =)

Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.

__________________________________
Chapter 46: Speak Now
__________________________________

"You are welcome to stay here at the palace for as long as you please," Kakyuu offered. Her coral-colored lips formed a gentle smile.

"That's kind of you, thank you very much. We will consider the offer." Setsuna smoothed her long pencil skirt. She and the other guardians had all detransformed into their civilian selves.

Mamoru mussed his fingers through his jet-black hair and stretched his arms behind his head, stifling a yawn. The bags under his eyes showed that he hadn't had a good night's sleep in weeks. Worrying about his daughter, traveling to the future to rescue her with Pluto, and sustaining her life force had drained all his energy. Now that this whole mess was over, the only thing he could think about was crashing into a nice, warm bed. He was desperate enough he was willing to sleep at the Starlights' palace.

"I think that's a great idea," Mamoru agreed quickly. "We all could use a little R & R."

"Splendid," said Kakyuu. "I shall call for the maids to prepare guest rooms." Pivoting on her heels, she looked at the others. "Will you all be joining us for the next few days?"

Michiru sensed a palpable wave of tension radiating from her lover. Turning, she could see the protest blazing in Haruka's eyes like flames. Just standing in the entry room of the Starlight's home was painful. The thought of having to sleep here made Haruka's skin crawl as if it was covered in earthworms.

Haruka cleared her throat. "No thanks, we-"

"Would really love to," Hotaru interrupted. "It's so nice of you to offer, Princess Kakyuu. It's just as Mamoru said, and I think some sleep and food will do us good. Earth will still be waiting for us all when we get back. And leaving so quickly wouldn't be polite. Right, Michiru-mama?"

Haruka pinched her lips together so hard they changed color.

"I think so too," Michiru said, biting back a smile. Haruka could be so stubborn, she almost found it humorous.

"We can share a room together, Hotaru!" Chibi-Usa said, linking her arm through her best friend's. "It'll be just like a sleepover!"

"Really? Oh, I can't wait!"

"It's gonna be so much fun!"

"Won't it?"

Haruka's eyebrow twitched. It felt like everyone was celebrating but her. She remembered the way Mamoru had spoken before; it was over, it truly was. As much as she wanted to have the final word, she knew it was useless. Raising the white flag was more difficult than she'd ever imagined. Sticking around Kinmoku would be torture, but seeing that she couldn't teleport back to Earth without the others, did she have much of a choice? Refusing would just make herself look like more of an ass than she already had.

Seiya smiled smugly in her direction. Haruka shot her a poisonous glare.

"Chibi!" Perched on Seiya's shoulder's, Chibi Chibi's eyes widened as Seiya moved. She grabbed tiny fistfuls of the Starlight's hair to hang on.