Chapter 31: The Turning Point

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

I drew Seiya and Usagi in their party dresses to go along with this chapter!

It's the image for this chapter, but also the cover image for this story. I am SO going to redo this colored pencil drawing into digital soon. It's not my best work, but I love how Seiya's dress and hair turned out, exactly as I imagined it while writing.

If you're interested in seeing that or more Seiya & Usagi fan art, follow me on Instagram at taylorlynn.art
Link in profile!

Instagram is where I make updates about fanfiction I'm currently working on, upload fan art, and anything anime/Sailor Moon! As you may know, I am working on more Seiya and Usagi fanfictions, and follow for updates here on too!

Enjoy =D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 31: The Turning Point
_________________________________

As expected, the Three Lights were a hit.

Usagi stood in the front row between Ami and Minako, feeling like a starstruck fan. She couldn't take her eyes off Seiya even for one moment. There was something about the way she sang that made her even more attractive.

Seiya had a stunning voice. With an unparalleled vocal range, rich in tone. Taiki's deep background vocals and Yaten's distinct pitch echoed her words, creating the original Three Light's sound in a pitch perfect harmony.

All the songs were catchy and well-written. After just one, they had the crowd singing along and cheering them on.

Waiting for the crowd to settle down after a popular number, Seiya took the mic out of the holder and gazed into the sea of faces. "Before we finish up tonight, I'd like to slow it down," Seiya announced. "I wrote this song a while ago about...someone very dear to me. I hope you like it."

A slow, steady beat begun to play. A beautiful melody of strings trickled through the air, sad and hopeful.

Subconsciously, Usagi's hands rose over her heart. It was such a powerful string of chords, it moved her. She could feel the energy around her shift.

Seiya started to sing the solo:

"I still remember the first time I saw you, how could I forget?

I can never replace him, I shouldn't even try, but I won't give up yet

There is something special about you that pulls me in

This is a fight that I can't win

I have to give up and surrender

If only I'd met you earlier

I may not be trapped in this

One sided love"

Usagi swallowed. She knew exactly who the song was about. She fidgeted in her spot, hoping Seiya wouldn't look her way. Some of the people were slow dancing, unaware of the powerful emotions she was emitting.

"I still remember the sound of your voice, it is beautiful

I can never forget you, I don't want to, just so you know

More than anything I just want to see you happy wherever you are"

"Usagi?"

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?" Ami asked over the music.

Usagi realized a few tears had escaped her and were sliding down her cheek. Self-conscious, she raised her hand to her face and dried them on the back of her hand. "Yeah, I'm fine," she assured her.