Chapter 16: Coming Out of the Closet

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 16: Coming Out of the Closet
_________________________________

"I'm sooo hungry," Usagi groaned. She felt tingles shooting up her butt from sitting on the ground for so long. She stood up, trying to shake off the pins and needles.

"Don't worry Usagi, I bet they're looking for us right now," Minako assured her. But even she was starting to get impatient.

Usagi stretched. "Are you sure? How long have we been locked in here, anyways?"

"Beats me. I'd say at least two hours."

"Only two? It feels like we've been in here for days! I'm so bored!"

"Wanna try yelling again?" Minako suggested. She stood and brushed the bottom of her skirt.

They began pounding their fists against the solid, thick wood.

"Hey, is anybody out there!?" Usagi yelled.

Their voices reverberated inside the closet. "We're locked in here!" Minako shouted.

Usagi heaved a sigh after a minute. "It's useless. No one can hear us!"

"Are you sure there isn't another way out of here?" Minako stepped over the box of decorations, looking for a secret door of some sort. The only thing in the tiny closet were the shelves that ran along the back wall.

"I'm starting to get claustrophobic," Usagi said hugging herself. "We're going to be in here all day, aren't we?"

Minako was afraid she was right. Nobody knew where they were at except Kakyuu. She wondered how long it would be until somebody told her they were missing. She was sure they would come looking for them...Eventually.
_________________________________

"Yaten, just get that chord down, and it'll be perfect," Seiya said, shutting the music room door behind them. The Starlights had just finished rehearsal and were making their way towards the outside entrance to check on the girls' progress.

"Yeah, yeah." Yaten waved Seiya's comment away like it was a pesky fly. The songs they chose to preform were ones they wrote together a while ago.

"It's almost lunch time," Taiki said, "we should tell the girls so we can hurry and eat. We still have a lot to do before the party and no time to waste."

Seiya and Yaten nodded in unison. The trio approached the back doors and stepped outside.

The palace's enormous backyard stretched out before them. Green trees and tall, manicured bushes lines the perimeter like a fence. Beyond that, the ground sloped off into the rocky shore that lead to the ocean. Birds chirped and the sun beat down on them from high in the sky. There wasn't a cloud in sight after last night's vicious storm.

Workers scurried by, carrying various decor. Small speakers were being set up near the trees to play music outdoors during the party. Tables were being positioned by the center wishing fountain. A good portion of the town was invited and the large palace was going to be packed.

"There they are." Taiki pointed at the large gazebo. Ami, Rei, and Makoto were helping the staff tie flowers to the entrance.

"Hey girls, it's looking nice!" Seiya called with a wave.

"You really think so?" Rei stepped back to admire their work. Ami tied one last flower in place while Makoto adjusted it.

"Lovely work," Taiki told them, but she only looked at Ami.