Chapter 8: The Boutique

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Wow, eight chapters already! I'm actually pretty proud of my motivation. Actually I haven't had a lot of free time. I've just been working on this every chance I get (I've been writing some of it at school...lol). I had the most fun writing this chapter ;D

(A/N: this story was written in 2013 when I was in high school. Originally posted on fanfic.net, I am in the process of tidying it up a bit and posting the revised chapters to new platforms, including here on Wattpad. I have left my original author notes in tact, but fun fact.)

Everyone, thank you for writing reviews, every single one makes me so happy =D

Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 8: The Boutique
_________________________________

Pitter patter. Rain fell in sprinkles from the foggy morning sky. Yaten watched the droplets run down the outside of the hallway window in silence. She turned away from the dreary sight and continued to the front of the palace where she met up with the others. The Princess had asked the Starlights to accompany the girls into town.

"It's not going to storm is it?" Yaten heard Usagi saying.

"No, it's only a light sleet. It's supposed to let up soon," Taiki informed her. Everyone was gathered at the main door, ready to leave.

"Good! Oh, I hate storms!" Usagi shuddered. She was wearing her clothes from yesterday and a rozamoku tied in her hair.

"Don't worry, Bun Head, I'll protect you." Seiya put her hand on Usagi's shoulder.

Makoto chuckled. "Good luck with that, Seiya. She's terrified of thunder."

"Well, we won't have anything to worry about, it'll be clear soon," Ami assured them, repeating Taiki's words.

Yaten silently joined the group. If the Princess hadn't asked her to do this, she would have objected. It meant she would have to awkwardly avoid her all day.

Rei was standing next to Minako and sensed her grow tense. She crinkled her forehead in confusion. Minako had been quiet all morning. I wonder what happened between them yesterday in the music room.

"Okay everybody, let's go!" Seiya said, taking charge. She opened the big umbrella she had under her arm. Everyone stepped outside into the chilly mist. Seiya grabbed Usagi's hand and pulled her under the umbrella.

"Hey!" Usagi opposed.

"What? You'd rather walk in the rain than share an umbrella with me?" Seiya pretended to be offended.

"No, but... Never mind," Usagi grumbled.

Behind them, Taiki and Ami walked together, followed by Minako and Rei together. Yaten shared one with Makoto. Their feet sloshed over the damp cobblestone path as they approached the front gate. The morning air was crisp and smelt sweetly of fresh rain. The tinkling sound of the falling drops against the roof of the umbrellas was refreshing. Seiya nodded to one of the guards and they stepped outside of the palace's grounds.

"Where will we be going first?" Ami asked Taiki. She tucked a blue strand of hair behind her ear.

"There is this nice boutique not too far from here," the tall Starlight answered. "I figured you girls may like some clothes for your stay."

Yaten walked silently beside the curly brunette. Makoto tried to be polite and made small talk, but she picked up on Yaten's mood and kept to herself.