Chapter 39: Through Glass

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 39: Through Glass
_________________________________

"Do you think they'll be mad at me?" Usagi asked when they managed to sneak into Seiya's room without being spotted.

"Who?"

"Princess Kakyuu and the others. You know, because we left so rudely during the party and caused you guys so much trouble. And now I'm here again. I can't expect them to welcome me with open arms like last time..."

"The Princess knows you didn't leave willingly. And we haven't forgotten the angel that vanquished Chaos and saved our planet. Without you, none of us would be here. We respect you more than you know, Bun Head."

"If it wasn't for you Starlights, I never would have been able to go on. It was because you were there for me..."

With her hand, Seiya caressed the side of Usagi's cheek, loving the way a simple gesture turned the skin a soft shade of pink.

"Please don't worry. If you explain what's going on, they'll understand. They can't be mad at you of all people." Seiya closed her eyes and leaned forward so their foreheads touched. "I'm here. We'll go to them together."

The heat from their closeness made her worries dissipate like melting snow. "Thank you, Seiya..." Usagi whispered, looking up so four blue eyes met, mere inches apart.

Seiya pulled away, hands falling to her side. They looked at each other for a long minute, no need for words.

"I'll let you take a shower first. I'll go bring you some pajamas from your room. All of your belongings are still in there by the way. I guess nobody knew what to do with you and your friends' clothes from the boutique. I know the maids have been gossiping, but they are clueless to the situation."

"Yeah, I'm sure we made a scene at the end of the party..."

"Who cares. I'm just glad you came back, Bun Head."

"Me too."

Hesitating for a second, as if she didn't want to go, Seiya kissed her on the lips. Short and sweet, Seiya pulled away, smiling sheepishly. Without another word, she turned around and left.

Usagi's lips curled into a smile, a blissful feeling fluttered inside her. I missed her so much.

Grrrrrumble. The sound of faraway thunder shook her out of her thoughts. Usagi headed into the connecting bathroom.

I'd better shower quickly, before the storm gets any closer.

She undressed, leaving her clothes in a messy pile on the floor. She untied her hair letting her long blonde locks fall around her naked body like a curtain. Sliding the frosted glass door aside, she stepped into the shower.

The white tiles were cool under her bare feet and her breathing echoed in the hollow area. The rain shower head offered a pleasant change of temperature that made her shivers disappear.

She grabbed a shampoo bottle off the shelf and squeezed the clear liquid into her palms.

This is Seiya's shampoo, it smells just like her. Flowery like roses, sweet like pomegranates, and spicy like cinnamon flavored candy - all mixed together. It smells so delicious, it's making me hungry!

No, I can't be thinking about food. First we need to talk with the others. Tell them I'm here, tell them about Chibi-Usa, and see if they can help us at all. I don't even know where to start... Oh, I can't think about this, it's too painful.