Chapter 41: Fate Comes A-Knockin'

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Well, here I am! I didn't give up on this story, nor did I fall off the face of the Earth. (Or Kinmoku for that matter.)

As announced on my profile page, my laptop broke. The hardrive fried and I lost pretty much everything T_T I wrote most of this chapter pecking away with two fingers on my iPad, but it was near impossible. My 90 wpm went to 5 wpm. And with school just starting, homework, work, and me being sick, this chapter became incredibly late. I apologize D:

On the bright side, I do have good news; my laptop is fixed now. I can hopefully return to normal once a week updates ^_^

Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 41: Fate Comes A-Knocking
_________________________________

Usagi filled her lungs with the lilac and olive fragrance of Seiya's sheets and she slipped under the comforter. Somehow, sleeping with Minako for the past week while she stayed at her house just wasn't the same.

The sheets ruffled and the blankets shifted. Usagi could hear her breathing over the sound of rain, and she knew Seiya was close. She could feel her body heat radiating inches away and she could smell her freshly shampooed hair. But she still felt alone.

"Touch me," Usagi whispered.

Skin met skin. Under the cottony comforter, their bare legs brushed against each others.  Seiya's legs were smooth and warm, like rose petals under a hot, summer sun.

The blonde snuggled in until their stomachs touched. Under the silk of her nightgown, she could feel every breath Seiya took. Inhale... Exhale... Rise... Fall... The Starlight's rhythm was music. The intimacy calmed her in indescribable ways.

"Does the storm bother you?" asked Seiya.

"A little. But it's not so bad 'cause you're with me."

"I'm glad."

"Hey, Seiya..."

"What is it?"

Usagi wished she could see her. She longed to admire her face, cast in silvery moonlight, and her unkempt hair shimmering blue under the stars. She wanted to see her lips, open ever-so-slightly as if taunting her like a chocolate cupcake, and her long, black eyelashes swishing up every time she blinked. But it was too dark to make anything out.

Ironically, as if the storm heard her thoughts, it offered a brilliant, flash of lightning that illuminated the bedroom for a fraction of a second. Usagi took a mental picture of Seiya, knowing she'd hold onto it for the rest of the night.

God, she was gorgeous.

Usagi reached up and touched her face. Blindly, she trailed her fingers across her skin, outlining each contour of her features.

She started at the Starlight's high cheekbones and moved across the bridge of her nose. She felt along her forehead, drifting down the side of her face again, to her chin. Her fingers lingered around her mouth. Mustering the bravery to touch Seiya's lips, she took her time drawing imaginary lines around the heart-shaped pair.

Full and smooth, they were damp and warm as she breathed. All Usagi could think of was pressing her own mouth against them. She desperately wanted to taste her.

Seiya puckered her lips out playfully under her index finger.

Usagi giggled and pulled her hand away. Moving it up behind Seiya's crescent-shaped earring, she raked her fingers into the Starlight's silky, undone hair. Pulling her body up so they were face to face, she leaned in and kissed her on the lips.