Chapter 15: Trapped

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :D

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 15: Trapped
_________________________________

"What do you mean 'rehearse'?" Minako asked. She trailed behind the three Starlights that morning after breakfast.

"For the party," Taiki explained over her shoulder. "We are going to perform a few songs."

"Perform? You mean...as the Three Lights?"

"I guess you could put it that way," said Seiya.

"That's amazing! I love your music," Minako gushed. Her eyes turned to stars as she imagined Yaten stepping onto a stage, wrapping her fingers around a sleek microphone. Her harmonic, sweet-sounding voice would make her melt like honey. The three of them in a pitch-perfect harmony. She had forgotten how lucky she was to be dating such a superstar.

"Are you guys, like, famous here too?" Minako asked.

The Starlights exchanged glances before Seiya chuckled. "Not exactly. Our music is a bit of a personal hobby here, so it'll be a surprise for everybody. We have our duties here to protect the Princess, so we can't be idols again like we were on your planet."

"Oh, I see."

Taiki smiled at Yaten out of the corner of her amethyst eyes. "Unless you count Yaten's little fanclub as fans..."

Yaten brought her hand to her forehead. "Ugh, don't remind me," she grumbled.

"Fanclub? What do you mean?" She hurriedly caught up to them and walked beside her girlfriend.

Seiya laughed. "Yaten, tell her about them."

"It's nothing, just this group of girls that don't leave me alone at things like this. They're super annoying."

"And men," Seiya added, snickering.

Yaten reached over and gently shoved her. "Shuddup."

Taiki tried hard not to grin. "Yaten's certainly popular with both sides..."

"Whatever..." Yaten was as tired of their teasing as she was of being swarmed with admirers at events. Being the Princess's guardians made them recognizable, almost famous. It had always been that way, ever since they became sailor guardians a few years ago.

"Maybe if you weren't so hot, they'd leave you alone," Minako teased.

Yaten blushed faintly. She turned her head away.

"Aw, we're just kidding, Yaten." Seiya laughed and put her hand on her shoulder.

"Hehe, sorry," Minako whispered.

"Let's go already," Yaten said, changing the subject and knocking Seiya's hand away. "We've got a lot of work to do and shouldn't be wasting time like this!"

Taiki nodded in agreement. "Rehearsal might take a few hours. You and your friends can do as you wish until then," she told the blonde.

"Sorry for just leaving you guys, but we do have work to do," Seiya said.

"No problem! I totally understand. Is there anything we can do to help? I don't want us to feel like a bother..."

Taiki brought her hand to her chin. "Well...I'm sure they could use help down in the ballroom."

Seiya shook her head. "I already promised Bun Head that we'd help set up down there this afternoon."

"Alright. I know that they are setting the lights up out back by the gazebo. Hmm, maybe they could even use Makoto's help in the kitchen..." Taiki suggested.