Chapter 16, Nothing But Regret

Warning, includes suicidal thoughts from a characters POV, skip if needed.

Enjoy x

Mia's POV

Who knew things would change so quickly? First we go to school, make a friend now we hide her in this stupid dusty basement. She hasn't said 2 words since Katelyn knocked her out. It's been 2 days, we don't have time for this!

"Camilla for the last time. Where is your friggin dad!? And why of all times is he trying to take over the world now. My kid's birthday is coming up your killing me here-

"Mia, that's not gonna make her talk." Taylor interrupts me.

"Shh, I'm working. Camila, we have apologized, we've been nice and gave you water so the least we can get is a SENTENCE!" I shout as I bang on the wall.

She glares at me and continues to stay silent. This spoilt brat bitch.

"This is hopeless, let's go get the others and burn her already she's useless-

"I'll only talk to Katelyn." She whispers. SHE SPOKE?! Omg I need to get Katelyn. KATELYN!

~1 hour later~

They have been down there for an hour. What could they be talking about? How bloody hot is this weather?! I just want to find Damon and kill this stupid Vampire already and go to Croatia I have decided that's where i'm taking Luka we are going on a trip away with our family with no trouble.

The basement door opens and Katelyn walks out frustratedly. "What is it? What happened with Camila?" We all huddle around Katelyn waiting for an answer.

"Anastasia was right, she is the key to get to the vampire leader. She was the loophole. The vampire leader is her father, but she refuses to tell us where he is. We're going to try again tomorrow. Taylor and Jess you guys are on watch, I'll be with Dezi tonight." Katelyn signs and walks past us while taking Dezi with her.

That's it? She confessed but she won't even tell us where this bastard is? Ugh, I'm too tired for this shit I've been shouting all day. Goodnight.

Jess's POV

Five hours. It's been Five hours and we haven't said two words to each other. Ever since Taylor rejected me we've been so awkward around each other, I don't get it. Camila is sound asleep and hasn't moved a centimeter. I need to break this silence.

"What was your favorite part about going back to school?" My voice echoes from across the room. She takes her eyes off her phone and puts it away as she thinks for a while.

"I would say just going back to the classes, I missed interacting with actual students and learning instead of working and smiling for cameras. I felt free." She smiled. That's the first time I've seen her smile at me for ages.

"Well. That's good, i'm glad." I awkwardly laugh as I avoid eye contact. I forgot how to be a normal freaking person-

"Look Jess, I'm sorry for being distant. It's been a hard couple of weeks but I just didn't want to upset you or kill the mood any more than I already have." She walks up to me and grabs my hands and asks for forgiveness.

"Obviously i'm going to say it's ok. Even if it's not, we can't stay away from each other because of what's happening. You told us we had to stick together no matter what. I need you to stay by your word." I say as I look up at her, she nods her head slightly and hugs me tight. I missed her tight hugs. I don't want to let go.