Chapter 3, This means War

Taylor's POV

Tonight's the night of Morgan Freeman's funeral. I think everyone is a bit on edge about it. So much has been going on, I think the sudden out of the blue deaths are causing people to get curious and worried. I mean, me personally, I'm traumatized.

I can't imagine what everyone else is going through. Everyone has been through so much and I just want all of this to stop.

I see Naomi sitting on the floor playing Roblox with Alison. I don't know how someone can possibly be that cute. After everything, she has gone through with the zombies and now vampires! I really don't know how she's holding up so well. It must be a thing with children.

I walk over to see what they're doing. "Hey ladies," I say as I sit down on the couch next to Naomi.

"Hey, mummy!" Naomi says excitedly, still involved in her game.

"What are you playing honey?" I ask playing with her golden hair.

"This zombie game on Roblox." She says smiling at me with her big blue eyes.

Jesus Christ. Really. Out of all games it has to be a zombie game. I'm not surprised anymore.

"Ohhh cool. Don't you think you should play a barbie game or something like that?" I ask her, hinting at  Alison.

"Hey how about we play fashion famous?" Ally asks Naomi. She looks at me and smiles. I smile back and mouth the words 'thank you'.

"Sure!" 

Felicity's POV

"Eliza!" I call from the kitchen. That child I swear she's always in her own world.

"Elizaaaaa, I'm making chocolate brownies come down here!" I yell from the kitchen once again trying to get her to come down here. After everything, I just wanna get my mind off of it and make some good old brownies. Baking is my coping strategy.

In less than 5 seconds she sprints out of her room and she's down the stairs in a flash. Well, it worked then.

"BROWNIES!" She yells jumping up and down with excitement.

"Yes honey, here let's get you an apron, and roll your sleeves up," I say smiling and going into the pantry to get her an apron.

"You're the best mummy!" She says smiling at me. My eyes start to fill with tears, I drop the apron and walk over to her hugging her.

"No, you're the best, I couldn't have asked for anything better," I say blinking my tears away.

"Now where were we, right. Brownies" I say remembering. I go back into the pantry and grab all the ingredients. Placing all the ingredients on the table. I grab the bowl and put it in front of Eliza.

"Here, sift two cups of flour into the bowl while I pour the milk," I instruct her. She does as I say and sifts the flour into the bowl. I pour a cup of milk in and she mixes it together.

Once we've finished mixing everything in I pour it into the pan and put it in the oven.

"Mmm, these brownies are gonna be delicious mum!" Eliza says with a big smile spread across her cute face.

"Yes, they were made with lots of love!" I reply kissing the top of her head.

"Can I go watch cartoons?" She asks.

"Sure, I'll let you know when the brownies are ready," I reply. She walks over to the lounge room and turns the tv on. I check my phone and scroll through Instagram for a bit. It's all news about Morgan's death. Ugh. I turn my phone off and look out the window.