Chapter 21, Follow The Path To Freedom

Alec's POV

I'm a traitor. My friends, Dezi, Damon, Jenna. They're all dead, Katelyn, it's my fault she's behind bars. It's my fault her kids were taken away. Her freedom, gone because of me.

"Alec! How could you turn us in?! You killed my friends! This is all your fault!" Katelyn screams at me while being put into the police car. I do nothing but stand there, my friends dead bodies beside me, with bullets in their heads. Are all on me...

"WOAH!" I feel a hand grab me away by my waist and taken away from Katelyn and the others, where am I going? I get tossed onto the gravel floor with my friends alive! It was the tunnel, I can't believe I forgot about it.

"Do you guys have any idea how close you could have been trapped in there if it wasn't for me?" Dezi says crossing her arms.

"Shit, i'm so glad that wasn't real, I'm never going back that way again." Mia exclaims.

I look around to see where Katelyn is and she's there dusting the dirt off her shirt, she's ok! I get up almost tripping from my numb leg and throw myself on Katelyn holding her. "You're ok?" I cheer.

"Of course, are you ok? You've never hugged me before." She blushes. "I just thought, my illusion, it wasn't very pleasant. You were hurt and so were the others I just wanted to make sure you're ok." I say smiling at her. "Well i'm ok, don't worry about me." She smiles back at me moving my hair out of my eye.

"Are you guys done? Can we move this love session a bit forward please?" Jenna teases. Oh right, the mission kill vampire bastard, we laugh.

"Thanks for pulling us out Dezi, we need to get a move on, who knows how much time we wasted in there we need to go down there it's a long walk so let's go." Anastasia moves in front of Dezi and we start to walk.

Is she the new leader or...?

Anastasia's POV

I didn't think it would be this easy for everyone to listen to me . Ever since I've inherited the witches powers I haven't been myself, I'm usually shy and wouldn't be walking with a bunch of strangers to an abandoned castle to kill the vampire leader.

"It should be just up there, we can sit somewhere and discuss the outside plans before we head inside the castle so the guards-

"Oh my fucking god we get it just shut the hell up your giving me a headache!" Mia shouts.

Excuse me...

"Mia language, what has gotten into you?" Damon says, defending me.

"I am so tired of your puny rat sister telling us what to do, we know what we want and we know what to do. We don't need you talking all the time." Mia argues.

"This isn't about the plan is it, you're jealous of her? You've been hating her ever since she got her-

"Where did that bullshit come out of your mouth?" "It's not bullshit Mia it's facts I can read your damn mind, I have been all day and night. You hate her!"

Wow. I didnt even realise.

"Why do you hate me so much? Is it because I wasn't here when you all needed me or that I'm thinking of a smarter plan than yours for how we kill the leader?" I push Damon back and face her. I'm not afraid of a human.

Slap

I feel my cheek tingle from the hard slap, her nails. It scratched me, I feel blood pouring! How hard did she slap me? I look up at her leaving her resting bitch face. I take my fangs out but Damon pulls me behind him.

"Now! Both of you grow up! Mia. I can't even look at you right now." Damon complained. Awkward. I saw Mia's eyes water, she tilted her head to the ground while everyone stood silently looking up at the sky.

"It's getting dark, let's set up camp. Jenna can you make us tents?" Damon ased.

"Sure."

Let's hope things change by the morning...

Sorry to make this chapter so short were almost at the end! 4 more chapter to go YAY!

Wait for Part 2 to come...

Vote & Comment x