Chapter 24, My Time Has Come

Dezi's POV

A tall dark shadow comes out in front of me and...

It's Henry. My husband, my dead husband!

"H-How are you alive?" I stutter.

"That's your first question? I expected a bigger question babe, like, how are you? it's so good to see you, what's going on? Jeez you've changed." He says grabbing a chair sitting in front of me with a nasty grin.

"What's happened to you?" I frown.

"Well, after I got shot and supposedly, 'died' I was taken here. It took a lot of convincing but The Vampire leader never wanted me to die, he was aiming to kill you and get me later. But he saw my potential, he saw my skills and saw that I'm determined to serve him." He says happily.

This is not the man I married.

"You would never do that, he killed our friends, he killed innocent civilians around the world and sent us on a goose chase! Why would you serve an awful vampire?" I argue.

"This world is filled with a lot of bad people Dezi, we are simply getting rid of the bad blood and replacing it with vampires. They aren't toxic like humans. We are making the world better-

"You're a murderer. This isn't you, the Henry I know is kind, gentle, a romantic and would keep his family safe!" I interrupt him.

"That Henry is GONE! Just like Alison. Yeah that's right I followed your every step, I saw you go into your depressive state, I saw you finding Camila, I saw you torture yourself and get trapped here. We control the future and this is now your end." He says smiling in my face.

"Our daughter is at the bottom of the ocean, our other daughter is in a deep sleep at home where not even you can get to her! You have betrayed this family, you have betrayed your friends and you've betrayed me and society itself.

You won't win." I finish. He just sits there and laughs at my statement. He gets out of his chair and whispers in my ear, "we've already won."

He pushes the chair away and grabs gasoline and starts pouring it over my clothes and skin burning me! He's going to light me on fire! "Henry stop! Henry you don't have to do this, please. I don't want to die!" I cry. He tells me to be quiet and kisses me on the forehead and makes his way to the door.

"I wish things ended differently, I really do." He grabbed the match and dropped it on the floor causing the fire to grow and slowly it started to make its way to me.

I can't die here, not today. I need to get out!

Katelyn's POV

I open my eyes, feeling like it's the last time I'll ever see again. We got caught, our hands and ankles tied behind our backs as the guards stood behind us with knives in their pockets. This is not how we're supposed to go out.

I look around me seeing everyone mopping and wiping their tears with their shoulders, wanting to be free. We hear footsteps come from the top of the staircase and the guards move our heads to look up and see, The Leader.

"Welcome Z Team, that's what I've decided to call you all. It is so nice to finally meet you all, I haven't seen you all ever since the torture house, my daughter set it up as revenge for betraying her and using her to get to me. Oh and thanks for killing her too during the explosion! You'll pay for that one later on haha. I didn't think it would take this long for you to find me. Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Benjamin Vee Dracula. I am the son of the first Vampire." He smiles showing his vampire teeth.Great, no wonder he's captured us he's the first living vampire's son.