Chapter 20, 2 Steps Back To The Past

Damon's POV

"Anastasia?"

"Hello brother, it's about time we finally met again." She smiles as she sits in front of me. All these years, all these cues, all these dreams. They were all real.

"I thought you died all those years ago back at the apocalypse." I whisper.

"That's what I wanted you to believe, I wasn't just attacked by zombies-

~Flashback~

"When you heard me scream I saw you running, the zombies were trying to bite me but werewolves came. I didn't think some of them still stayed in Australia, I thought they all went back to Canada. They fought off the zombies until one of them scratched me by accident. I was about to die, my vision was terrible. I was on the edge of death.

I was taken in by a bunch of other vampires, who took me back to their home outside the country and into the United States away from the zombies right before the borders closed off. He fed me, he gave me water and most importantly he healed me. His best witch gave her blood to save my life. Now I have her blood flowing through my veins which means I inherited her powers...

"I am the first Vampire to inherit witch powers. They called me the first Hybrid." She finished.

"My own sister, a hybrid. How crazy is that? Trust me I have a lot of questions but they can be answered another time. But I do have one, the person that took you in, was he the vampire leader?" I ask.

"Yes. It was him. He has been planning this ever since the apocalypse, every day he would send his crew out into the world convincing all vampires in the world to fight back and kill all humans. They started with celebrities, then citizens and now they are going for you guys.

The night of Henry and Dezi's wedding I escaped and have been on the run ever since, trying to find you guys. I wish i would've found you sooner then none of this would be happening." She sighs.

"I'm sorry for putting you through all this trouble, leaving your family, being tortured, running around the world just to find me. I'm sorry Damon, I promise I can make it up to you. That's why I'm here, I'm here to get you too the vampire leader."

She's right. I forgive her, but it's finally time to face the plan we've been waiting to do and that's to kill the leader behind all the deaths.

Mia's POV

Damon just came to all of us that Anastasia is here and she's on our side. It didn't take too long for everyone to be convinced that she's good. She is the reason all this is happening, if she just came to the mansion in the first place we would have killed him years ago.

She's going on about a quick way to get to the Vampire leader, we have to go through this tunnel under the great big hill under the City. She said it's for supernatural creatures only, she said since some of us are human it's going to seem like an illusion going through this tunnel. I don't believe a word she says.

~Time skip to the tunnel~

"Here we are, it wasn't quite far actually. For safety precaution, There are 2 rules to this tunnel, 1 the things you may see may appeal to you as real but it's all an illusion. That's why this tunnel was blocked off years ago because some people got too into it and got lost in their own minds forever. The second rule is stay together, don't let anything fool you. Got it?" Anastasia explains.

Everyone nods their heads and slowly walks in the tunnel, once they all walked in they were gone. It's that dark. I don't trust this, can't we just go around or something?!