Chapter 1, The Future is a Bitch

Katelyn's POV

This is it. This is how it's going to be. This is my life now, eat, sleep, work, repeat. Everything has changed so much since Elijah has died. He died, in my arms. My heart has never felt so broken, I will never heal, never find love, never be myself again, not without him. Not without Elijah.

Nothing will be the same. Our group has split up, everyone has moved out and gotten their own houses, Felicity and Josh have split, which is probably for the best. Dezi and Henry have been going well, Mia and Damon are raising Luka together, Damon's showing him the ropes of being a vampire.

It makes you think. The guy that killed Elijah was right in front of him. He sped out of the open space so damn fast, as if he had super speed. Like a vampire. What if there are others? what don't we know? Is the virus really gone? Is there a new virus? There's so much confusion and sadness. I wish I could be happy again, the only thing keeping me happy are my babies.They're adorable, they all have so much of Elijah in them.

Salty tears escape my eyes, I try to blink them back, but memories come flooding back. As soon as I know it I'm hysterically crying. I can't take this. This is all too much for me to handle, I can't raise 3 children all by myself.

"Goddammit!" I yell as I smash a vase in my room. I fall to my knees. 

"WHY, JUST WHY! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME?!" I yell to the roof. I'm shaking profusely.

"Please. Just please, come back. I need you.." I say my whole body shaking. I'm a mess. I manage to get up and walk to the kitchen crying quietly. I go to the locked cabinet above the fridge and unlock it. The lovely bottle of vodka looking right at me.

I grab it out of the cabinet and take the lid off. I bring the bottle to my lips and take a long sip. I feel it burn my throat. I need this. I shut my eyes and continue drinking. 1 sip, 2 sips, 3 sips, 12 sips, 15 sips.

"Katelyn stop!" Dezi yells as she storms into my kitchen.

"Oh, heyyyyyy!" I say drunk.

Dezi's POV

Katelyn texted me at 5 in the morning and the only reason I was up was because I was up late writing, it's been really hard for her since Elijah died, she hasn't been herself lately. I mean the funeral was so emotional, I cried myself. He was my friend, he was everyone's friend. It's hard not having him here anymore. 

I walk to the front door and I open it with the spare key I have from when we all lived here. Henry and I live right around the corner.

I walk in and I see Katelyn down in the kitchen..omg its Vodka.

"Katelyn stop!" My voice says echoing through the house.

"Oh, heyyyyyyyy." She says getting up. Yeah she's drunk, she's walking like if an Octopus had legs.

"What the fuck are you doing? What did we say about drinking!" I scream.

Katelyn had a hard time with alcohol back when she had problems with her parents, it was a hard time, she was only a teenager! The girls and I got her out of it before she overdosed.

"I had oneeeeeee sippppp....sort of." She says slurring on her words.

"Katelyn please, I'm sorry things seem hard now but drinking isn't the answer-" I say getting cut off.

"DRINKING IS MY ONLY ANSWER! Elijah's dead, my childhood friend is dead, my parents died from the zombies. I deserve this." She argues back, taking another long sip. I watch as she swallows the burning liquid.

I take the glass and pour it down the drain, head towards the bottle of vodka and start tipping it in the sink as well.

She runs towards me but I pull her into my arms.