Chapter 4, Bury a Friend

Damon's POV

What an exciting funeral it's been, thank god the police were here to take Henry's body away. We had to leave the funeral though, finally, I'm already dead. What's the point? I'm just so pissed we didn't catch the guy!

The Limo ride is...awkward. I don't know how to make someone stop crying, Mia's a natural. Dezi has lost a lot in her life, half her family is dead, she lost her son, now her husband...I'm not good with emotions! It's uncomfortable.

"Why is Felicity not picking up the phone?" Josh frustratingly throws his phone.

"Well she's playing with the kids, she probably left her phone in the kitchen," Katelyn says as she hugs Dezi.

"I'm sure she's fine, we've had a rough night. The last thing we need is more trouble." Mia argues back.

"Ms. Miller, a phone call from the police." The Limo driver passes a phone through the speaking call, she gets up and wipes her tears with her dress and answers it.

"Hello?" Dezi's voice shakes.

"Ms. Miller, I'm sorry to inform you, I understand you've had a troubled night but something happened when we were transporting your husband." I can hear his voice from where I'm sitting. He doesn't sound good, I can't hear his thoughts, he's too far away to know what happened.

"What is it?"

"Someone hijacked the van, our driver is in the hospital. Your husband's body is gone."

Dezi drops the phone and falls to the ground crying even more than before. The girls go down and help her up. I grab the phone...

"How? How is that possible? A dead body doesn't just walk away!"

"I'm sorry sir, It's confidential business, there were no cameras on site, we're looking into it. Can you put Ms. Miller on the phone please?"

"She can't come to the phone, you've done enough. Goodbye." I hang up and go to Dezi.

"It's gonna be ok, Dezi looks at me." I do what any good vampire would do. She looks in my eyes and I stare down into hers.

"You will forget the sadness that's come, we went to the funeral and Henry died from a poisonous drink, he's now been taken away. You will forget the phone call and let your friends comfort you." I end the compulsion and she nods her head and lies down on the couch.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Mia pulled me aside.

"We can't have her going crazy, I just killed her sadness, sheits not like she's going to completely forget him. She's just not as sad, it's fine."She rolls her eyes and all the girls huddle up. Josh gets a call from Felicity's phone as soon as we sit down.

"Feli! Finally, where have you been sweetie pie?" Ugh, he's doing the name-calling? Are me and Mia the only ones that don't use nicknames?

"Daddy! Come home quickly, we're in trouble! were locked inside. Daddy please-"

The reception cut out, we heard all the kids screaming in the background until it cut out.

"We need to go NOW!" Josh yells begging the driver to go faster.

We're around the corner but we can't contain the suspense, Dezi looks at me and uses her vamp speed to get to the house so of course, I tag along. Everyone starts panicking and leaves the limo and we all start running to the door.

It's open and we look everywhere.

"Ally! KIDS! ITS MUM!"

"Luka come here baby! We're home!"