Reckless Decisions

Angelica was going to be livid, even more mad than James was, Thomas knew that, that was why he was so nervous for her to pick up the phone, part of him hoped she didn't. But she had to answer, he only had one phone call and James already wasted his on someone who hadn't bothered to pick up the phone.

So their only hope getting out of this hell hole would be to call Angelica. His girlfriend who could be terrifying when she pleased, he found it hot most times. Unfortunately for him that anger would be directed at him.

"Thomas, call her." James hissed from the cell, his hands were wrapped around the bars of the cell and his poor friend truly looked like a jailbird.

Thomas turned around and looked him dead in the eyes. "I am, don't rush me." That seemed to piss James off even more, he never got this angry. Great, his best friend was furious with him, and his girlfriend would soon be on the same boat as James.

"Don't rush you?" James seethed. "I am in jail because of you! I have never even gotten a speeding ticket and now here I am, behind bars because you punched a guy." His knuckles were now white; he was gripping those bars so hard.

"It's a holding cell." Thomas threw back and James narrowed his eyes at him. "Fine, I'll call her." He interrupted before James could say anything more.

He turned back around and dialed Angelica's number, before holding it to his ear. His heartbeat quickened as the phone rang and for a moment he thought she wasn't going to answer, but on the fifth ring, she did. He didn't know whether he should be relieved or not.

Hello? Oh no, she was sleeping, that definitely wasn't going to help the situation.

"It's me, Thomas." He began twirling a piece of his hair around his finger, a nervous habit.

Why are you calling me on an unknown number? Silence was all he could offer up, what was he supposed to say? 'Can you come pick me and James up from the police station, because I stupidly got into a bar fight?' Definitely, not the way to go about things, but there was no possible way to sugar coat it.

He was in a holding cell because he was drunk and made a terrible decision, she was going to be mad either way, he was doomed either way.

Thomas what did you do? Honestly, he was a little offended that she just assumed he had done something wrong, she was right of course, but it was still offensive.

"James and I were arrested and now we need you to come pick us up for the station." He decided honesty was the best policy, although he left out why they were even in this predicament, he wasn't going to rat himself out. If she wanted to know she would ask.

Okay, I'll be there soon. Was all she said, before hanging up. Oh boy, he was in big trouble, her voice was calm, deadly calm and that was never a good sign when it came to Angelica. It wasn't that she didn't have control over her emotion, because she did.

But her being this calm meant she was beyond angry because her voice over that telephone was ice cold. He didn't know what was in store for him but it was in no way going to be good.

An officer came and practically shoved him back in the cell with James, who was pacing the room and honestly seemed close to having a panic attack.

Not this too, James hadn't had a panic attack in months and now because of Thomas, he was so close to breaking. It was just making Thomas feel worse, but now was not the time to dwell on how bad of a friend he was; he had to calm James down.

He walked over to James and seized him by his shoulders, effectively stopping the pacing. His breathing was faster than normal, his eyes were glossy, and there were beads of sweat crowning his eyebrows.