Love Hurts

A/N: Okay so I think this one is different from my other Thomgelica works cuz this one is angst but in the POV of someone else

Vivian Blair Kingston was many things, blind did not happen to be one of them. Neither was oblivious.

Vivian was neither blind nor oblivious, the fact that Thomas did not completely belong to her did not escape her. There was another woman, a woman who was unattainable and that was the only reason Vivian and Thomas had what they had.

Vivian knew that if given the chance Thomas would go running back to Angelica, the tennis shoes were already on his feet, laced up and prepared for him to run back into Angelica’s arms. 

A piece of Thomas, a considerable amount of his heart belonged to Angelica and it probably always would. There were things that Angelica knew about Thomas that Vivian did not, things that he would likely never share with her. 

The mystery of it all was what had drawn Vivian toward him. Standing in a corner, tall, dark, and handsome. God, he had practically screamed MISTAKE! 

All caps and big bold letters.

But she had been drawn to him, drawn to the darkness hanging over him in a forever present ominous storm cloud. And then, then she was falling, falling into the deep brown of his eyes, unable to stop herself, to save herself from the inevitable pain waiting for her when she hit the ground.

And Lord help her, she was still falling, always would be unless Thomas could have Angelica. Vivian was a replacement for Angelica, a woman holding her place until the unattainable became attainable.

It didn’t bother her, the fact that Angelica had this hold on him, would always have this hold on Thomas didn’t bother her. Not as much as it should, not as much as it once had. Once it became clear that Angelica would always be a permanent fixture in their lives Vivian had already been head over heels for Thomas, so it was easy to ignore, easy to ignore the fact that Thomas would never give every piece of himself to Vivian.

They avoided the topic, avoided speaking about Angelica, though she heard him. She pretended that she didn’t. 

Vivian pretended that she didn’t hear him calling out for Angelica as she coaxed him back to sleep after a nightmare no doubt involving Angelica had woken him. Thomas pretended that he didn’t notice the tears she shed at night and she pretended that she didn’t notice the guilt in his eyes every time he looked at her because he knew that he was dragging her down into a life full of despair.

They avoided and pretended. It worked for them. How long it would continue to work, Vivian did not know.

But Vivian loved Thomas, loved him so much that it hurt. So for now she was content with the small piece of himself that he gave her. The small piece of himself that she clung onto like it was her lifeline because she needed to feel something, needed to know that Thomas felt something no matter how small it may be.