The L Word

"I love you." Thomas froze, those three sacred words had slipped from his tongue, almost as if they had been forced out of his mouth. He had been holding them back for quite some time, keeping them hostage until the moment was right. Tonight though, after being around Angelica's intoxicating presence for so long the words had come tumbling from his mouth.

He meant them, meant every word, he had meant them since they were kids and she had punched James Reynolds in the nose for picking on James Madison. He knew then she was the one, of course, he hadn't actually known then, not at the youthful age of seven when he still believed girls had cooties and were to be avoided at all cost.

But looking back now he realized that the weird feeling of butterflies in his stomach had been around much longer than his high school days. After all, following the punch she had delivered to James Reynolds's face he had forgone his rule of staying away from girls, at least for Angelica and her two sisters.

Really though, he hadn't realized he loved her until he was nineteen on Christmas eve. They had gotten stuck under mistletoe hanging on the threshold of his childhood home thanks to the sneakiness of his sister Lucy and Angelica's two sisters Eliza and Peggy. He had offered her an out, stumbling over his words as he tried to get her to understand she didn't have to kiss him even though he longed to press his lips against hers. Before he could finish his rant, though, she had crashed her lips against his.

It had taken him a moment to realize she was kissing him, his lips still tried to move as he attempted to finish his rant, but then he had tasted her strawberry flavored chapstick and then he hadn't waited to respond. All the while their lips moved together in perfect sync and he had realized he loved her.

Funnily enough, though, Thomas hadn't realized he was in love with her until they had been together for a year. It was late in the night and he was driving her home from dinner at his parent's house. As they drove down the road it had begun to snow and when they had stepped out of his car the snow had instantly made itself at home in Angelica's loose curls.

She had turned to him with a grin and eyes sparkling, the little snowflakes had fallen onto her long eyelashes and she had looked absolutely perfect. It was such a small, simple moment but it had made him happier than he could ever truly explain.

So tonight, two months after his revelation and a few glasses of wine had loosened his tongue the words had fallen from his lips in a jumbled reply to her melodious laugh. He hadn't meant to say them but he meant those three words.

He sat on the couch, frozen as he awaited her response, hoping with every fiber of him that she felt the very same way. He supposed he was being a tad bit silly, Angelica had stayed with him for a year and two months... He tried to remember that as Angelica cupped his face with her too cold hands that she liked to lock with his hands in an attempt to steal his warmth. He would gladly give it up to her, he would give up anything for her.

She leaned in and kissed his lips with a slow fiery passion, she pulled away, her hands still holding his face.

"I love you too."

A/N: I really love ending stories with I love you more than I should. Anyways did we like this one?