I'll Be There For You

In all honesty, Angelica hadn't expected him to be awake, she had thought he would be asleep, just like everyone else. But he answered his phone, his voice thick with sleep, and she could just imagine his hair messily framing his face, and his eyes droopy. She almost felt guilty for calling him so late at night but she needed him and that overruled everything.

Her voice had cracked when she greeted him, despite trying to hold back her emotions the second she opened her mouth to speak her voice had broken off. And then Thomas hadn't needed any further explanation, telling her he'd be over shortly. Never mind the fact that he would probably find himself in trouble for sneaking out well past his curfew.

He had stayed on the phone the whole five minutes it took him to reach her, she could hear him fumbling through the dark, quietly cursing every time he ran into something. But he had stayed on the phone just in case she needed to get it all off her chest before he was able to get to her home.

Angelica had stayed quiet though and Thomas did the same.

He arrived at her house, slightly out of breath from running down the street and scaling the side of her house to reach the area of the roof Angelica was on.

Angelica turned her head to look at him, her eyes watering at just the sight of him. She hated the look in his eyes, probably would have told anybody else off if they were to look at her like that because she didn’t need anyone’s pity. But this was Thomas and he cared for her. 

And so, so that look in his eyes, as much as she hated it, was welcomed.

She opened her mouth to speak but all that came out was a mangled sob, he gently shushed her, wrapping his arms around her as he did so. His hand came up to cradle the back of her head and she leaned all her weight into him, he fell back at the sudden added weight but he didn’t loosen his hold on her. 

Angelica buried her face into the crook of his neck and Thomas’s hand came up to stroke her hair.

Ten minutes later when the tears subsided and the shame at falling apart in his arms settled in she pulled away from him. Angelica wiped away her tears, head held down, and eyes avoiding Thomas’s. 

She took one of the hair ties on her arm and pulled her hair into a ponytail. Then there was nothing more she could do to avoid Thomas, avoid the fact that she had chosen Thomas to dissolve into a mess of tears in front of, or maybe avoid the fact that Thomas had come running...Literally.

Angelica had called at one in the morning and Thomas had been there at 1:05, out of breath, hair in a ponytail, curls springing out, looking utterly sleep deprived, but he had come. 

Thomas hadn't said a word either, somehow, someway sensing that she hadn't called him to talk and all she really needed was him.

And Angelica hated it, hated feeling so dependent on him. But it wasn't as though Thomas was complaining. She hadn't even been able to get the words out of her mouth and he still was right in front of her. And she could feel his eyes focused on her like she was the only person that mattered in this world of 7.9 billion people.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and she reluctantly met his eyes, the intensity of his gaze unsettled her because why was he looking at her out of all people like that? And why did it make her feel so unreasonably safe?

Her throat felt tight and her eyes started watering again. She tried to swallow around the lump in her throat, tried to apologize for calling at such an ungodly hour, tried to tell him thank you for coming anyway. But she hadn't managed any of that.

Thomas pulled her into a hug again, "I know," he whispered and Angelica had a feeling that he truly did know. "And this is no big deal, I'll always be here for you."

And Angelica believed that too.

A/N: More angst?? Yes, absolutely...

Thomgelica One-shots because not enough people write about them. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara