Plans Change

She hadn't planned on staying the night. Actually, she hadn't planned on ending up in his bed. But plans changed.

The plan right now, however, could not and would not be changing. She had to get out here before he woke up.

Angelica slid out of his bed, untangling herself from his hold as she did so. She scanned the floor, looking for her discarded shirt and pants. She found her pants, quickly pulling them on before rounding the other side of the bed.

A soft sigh fell from her lips when she found her balled-up shirt on that side of the bedroom floor. Angelica grabbed her shirt, pulling it over her head, ready to leave his apartment, and get back home.

When her shirt was on, she turned to leave his room, knowing that her shoes were in his living room. Something, however, caught her eyes, a tattoo she hadn't noticed last night. She tilted her head curiously, feeling this unexplained need to see what that tattoo was.

With a small groan, she walked back over to the bed, carefully peeling back the covers so she could get a better look at his tattoo.

Her hand froze, fingers fisting the fabric in her hands tightly. Angelica gasped, her eyes widening, and heart plummeting to the pit of her stomach.

What. The. Fuck.

His tattoo. It was a soulmate mark. Angelica had the same one branded onto her wrist. The same paintbrush dripping with paint onto a book with unintelligible scribbles written in it branded onto her wrist.

She dropped the blanket in her hand, rushing over to the window, and pulling the curtains back. Sunlight fell over the room and Angelica brought her right wrist up closer to her face than necessary. She had to be sure though.

It was the same mark, identical to the one on his shoulder blade.

Her breath caught in her throat, stuck on the surprise of finding her soulmate like this. Her eyes clamped shut, it suddenly felt like the ground beneath her was very unstable.

She turned around a little, back pressing against the wall, and arms folding across her chest like some sort of shield.

"You're still here." She cringed at the sound of his voice, face scrunching up, and anxiety pooling in her stomach.

Opening her eyes with a small sigh, she turned to him. "Surprise."

...

Angelica didn't remember his name. Which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, except this guy was apparently her soulmate and she hadn't even bothered to remember his name.

Of course last night she'd been occupied with other things, namely his lips on hers, and getting back to his place. But now he was standing right in front of her, her soulmate was standing right in front of her and she didn't even remember his name.

"Angelica, you alright?" He said, and of course he remembered her name.

"I'm fine." She said, leaning off the wall and moving towards him. She ran a hand through her hair, fingers constantly catching on tangles before she reached the end.

"You sure you're okay?" Was he always this tentative with his one-night stands? Or was it just that soulmate connection?

"I've got something to tell you."

"What is it?" He asked, voice on the ledge of concerned and amused, which was weird because this was a very unamusing situation. Was her soulmate the kind of person who laughed during very serious times?

Not the point, Angelica, not the point.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her left-hand itching for the rings she usually wore on her fingers to twist around her knuckles. Unfortunately, she'd left those at home sitting in the cleaning solution.