Best Days

It was a cold gloomy day, the rain had poured relentlessly and Thomas and Angelica had stayed in the house all day watching a variety of movies. These were the kind of days Angelica preferred. She had always preferred the cold days, something about them felt so calming and safe.

These kinds of days were much better now that she had Thomas to curl up with and let his warmth transfer to her, the man was like a walking heater. It was nice and cozy and exactly the reason why chilly gloomy days were her favorite.

“What movie next?” Thomas asked just as the credits rolled in.

Angelica yawned, she was getting tired. “You pick.” She said. Thomas was bound to pick a boring movie; it was just what he did and Angelica wouldn’t feel compelled to stay up and watch it.

He squinted his eyes. “Are you just saying that so you can fall asleep on me?” 

He knew her well because she was definitely planning to fall asleep on him. They had been up since six am and now it was midnight.

She shrugged. "What other reason would I be letting you pick the movie."

He scoffed, "okay first of all you don't let me do anything, and second of all my movie choices are great."

His movie choices were horrible, just last week he had tried to pick a movie about bug larvae. Who exactly wanted to watch a movie about larvae? Not her, that was for sure.

She bowed her head and adapted a solemn tone."Thomas I love you so very much but you pick horrible movies." She said with a pat on his leg like she was breaking some horrible news to him.

He rolled his eyes but leaned in and kissed her.

Yeah, Angelica thought. These days are the best.